Part 30

Sana fidgeted with the ring she wore as she looked everywhere but at Rehan. Things have been more than awkward between them since they returned from the vacation- Sana found it hilarious how their relationship changed so much in such a short period of time. 

Rehan was the last person she would have wished to rely on- not that she had doubts about him, it just felt like she has pulled the person whom she found so irritating into the mess of her life, she simply couldn't believe her stars- She wanted to yell at Rehan so he can just stop doing things for her and focus on his damn life! 

Sana hated Rehan being calm around her even with so much happening- it made her wish to lean on him- and it wasn't something she could do- Sana knew very well how risky it was to involve anyone in what she was doing- the battle that Rehan made Sana fight with herself made her frustrated with Rehan even more. 

"What are you doing? Get in Quick!"Rehan said grabbing her attention as he opened the gate of the cab for her, to which she nodded getting in quickly. 

"What did you tell to Anu?" Rehan asked trying to be on the same page as Sana in case anyone asked, "I just told her am going for some job interview- She wanted to come along but I told her it was family business- so she didn't ask much.." Sana said as she bit her lip looking out of the window. 

Rehan could tell Sana was nervous, the way she kept on fidgeting with her things made it obvious, Her life was getting hard and serious- he could sense that much- "Here!" Rehan took out a handful of gummies and stuffed them into Sana's hand who took a while to register what was happening. 

"What is this?" Sana asked picking up the gummies that fell off on the seat as there were a lot to just fit in her hands, "Gummies." Rehan said thinking a while if he needs to explain further or not "It makes me less nervous, and today is a big day so I just thought- I mean it's a pretty effective way to calm your nerves. Yeah." Rehan explained as Sana stared at him. 

"Oh and yeah I arranged the copies of the documents Parth sent me- copied and ready!" He said handing her the files, "You should tell Parth- that it's not your job." Sana said looking away. "Well, I am not good at saying no, what can I do?" Rehan said looking away- welcoming a silent and awkward journey. 

-x-

"We are on time. You can go in. Text me when you are done. We will head back together." Rehan said as he checked the time on his phone, "let's not make this more awkward than it already is." Rehan said before Sana could argue-  "I am not helping you, I am just helping My Granny-" Rehan trailed off as he spotted someone getting down for the car. 

"Rehan?" The voice trembled with emotion making Sana turn to see the person... "Dad..." Rehan whispered confused making Sana turn back to take a look at Rehan who stood there jolted at the spot, "This is how you know my granny..." Rehan scoffed bitterly before looking at Sana- who couldn't register what was wrong. 

"Rehan! It really is YOU... You have grown so much... I almost couldn't recognize you.." Mr.Shekhawat chirped just to be stopped in the middle as Rehan held his hand up clearly signaling his disinterest in the conversation. "I don't think we need to do this Mr. Shekhawat. Let's not act and embarrass ourselves." Rehan sighed before walking to another side of the cab to open the door.  "Why don't you rush in... You don't have time to stare at me!" He said signaling Sana before he got in the cab. 

"Rehan... Re.." Mr. Shekhawat yelled but the cab drove off. 

"You must be Sana, right?  You kids sure grow quickly. I guess Parth has told you about me?" Mr. Shekhawat managed to get hold of himself pretty quickly as he looked at Sana, to which she nodded not knowing how else to react. 

"You don't have to worry about anything here- as a member of the board. You always have my support!" He smiled warmly at her as he patted her head.