Part 20

"Yah! Brother... What do you plan to do tomorrow?"Afreen nudged Rehan as Sana went to chat a bit with Soman.

"Tomorrow? why?"Rehan asked raising his brow, "What kind of boyfriend are you going to be? It's her birthday tomorrow, throw her a surprise party if you can, though I think the kids will already be done with the plan of the party. Oh yes! I know! try taking her to the lakeside, she loves it. You know where it is right?" Afreen chirped happily, "yeah I know. But there is nothing going on between us. Plus she already has a..."Rehan tried to make her understand when he was cut off. 

"Yeah yeah... I know. But it doesn't mean it's not a possibility. I mean it when I say you two look great together. So consider it." She said giving her I-know-it-all-look.

"Let's go"Sana interrupted before Rehan could say anything else, to which he nodded following her out. 

"You are really social aren't you? You know a lot of people!" Rehan said as they walked back home. "Not really! Just some people I used to interact with on daily basis."She chuckled remembering the old days. "Don't you know people around here? Granny lives nearby as well?"Sana asked curiously. "Um...I was in boarding school, I just came by on vacation, I had two or three friends but they are not here right now. And I am not really that familiar with the area."Rehan replied. 

"Oh... That kinda explains why you are so hard to talk to"Sana giggled making Rehan roll his eyes, as they got inside, "I thought you two were growing tomatoes"Granny chuckled spotting the duo near the entrance, "It ain't my fault that she kept on talking to almost every person we came across."Rehan said throwing his hands in the air. "That's cause she is social unlike you. Take the bags to the kitchen, be quick! Geeta is waiting for you two."Granny said to which they nodded hurrying towards the kitchen.

"Are you going to help while we cook as well?"Geeta asked Rehan as he stood there awkwardly, "Um... I mean I can. I am pretty good at chopping and stuff."He said rubbing the back of his neck a bit, "Great! Then why don't you go ahead and chop them all"Sana said handing him the knife. "All of them?"Rehan asked horrified looking at the bags which Sana pointed towards.

"No, just these"Geeta laughed handing him the tomatoes, potatoes, and some onions in a basket. "You should have let him suffer a bit, it would have been fun"Sana whined to Geeta who shook her head, dragging Sana with her.

-x-

"Let's eat Kids!" Sana yelled making the kids rush in, "Wash your hands before you get seated okay?"She said as she started serving them, while Rehan stared at her happy face. "She is like that, she worries for them like they are her own kids! That puts her through a roller coaster ride though. But you cannot change someone's nature can you?" Geeta sighed, as she spotted Rehan looking at Sana, who looked away embarrassed.