Part 43

" Is everything going well..." Sana asked as she flopped back on her bed tired. "Yeah, Rehan might be bossy and jerk sometimes but well he knows what he is talking about- but Sana you know what? It will be best if Rehan presents- I am so nervous that I am sure I will screw it all up."Anu huffed, just to get a worried glance from Sana. 

"I also think that we might be underestimating Rehan- thinking he might mess up because he would be surprised and angry to see his Mom but- I don't know am just worried."Sana shook her head. "Should we just tell him and ask if like he is okay to present? But we kept quiet for too long- god it will look like I made a fool out of him." She said banging his head on the wall. 

"He will be mad. Why don't you come with me?" Sana looked at Anu hopefully who gave her a no-thankyou look as she shook her head, gesturing her to get out of the room.

"Some best friend you are sending of me to be killed, without any guilt" Sana made a face, " Yah! I didn't even know about his mom. It's between you two- Rehan will feel worse if I will be there- "Anu said making sense. "Still at least be there for moral support- like maybe not with me but nearby... keep an eye out for me." Sana mumbled, to which Anu agreed.

-x-

"What's up?" Rehan asked worried as he got up spotting Sana walking towards him, making guilt wash over her.  "Everything fine?? What's wrong?" Rehan asked as Sana didn't respond, worrying some more. 

"Why don't we sit first?"Sana looked away gesturing him to sit down, " Will you talk already? Rehan said as he sat down. "It's not about me." Sana said as she stared at her feet.

"Ah... then what? Is Parth fine- what else it could be?" Rehan said looking confused as he laid back on the chair. "I told you- It's not about me- It's... It's just... your... your Mom is visiting." Sana said looking everywhere but him, as she could feel his glare on her.

"Did grandma tell you? There is no way dad... I mean Mr.Shekhawat would know."Rehan said his voice ice cold. "Not..." Sana started just to be cut off in between, " Anyways why are you telling me this, I don't care- It has nothing to do with me anyways! It's a relief that everything is fine with you- I will get going then I have work to do." Rehan said as he got up to leave, making Sana rush forward and hold onto him.  

Rehan looked back surprised as he stared at her hand on his wrist and then at her begging eyes, " Am not done. "She said taking a deep breath in. "Don't tell me you want me to visit her and all... seriously I am.." Rehan frowned, " She is going to be the Cheif guest at our event." Sana blurted out, making Rehan open and close his mouth as he was at a loss for words.

"What?" He asked again to confirm if he heard it right, "Yes. I thought it would be better if it didn't come like a surprise."Sana looked at Rehan who looked frustrated as he slumped on the chair. "Why now? Why the fuck..." He muttered as he ran his hand through his hair. "I didn't know she was going to be the judge for it when I suggested Anu and Yuvi... when I got to know I was wondering if I  should let you know or not..." Sana went on- "It's not like it's your fault that my family is messed up." Rehan stated staring at Sana making her stop from blabbering. 

"I really don't want to see her." Rehan said as they sat in silence for a long time, "I know." Sana smiled sadly. "But at the same time, I want to see her... and let her know how well I am doing even without her." Rehan said staring mindlessly at the wall. "Fuck... I think I might cry." Rehan said as he covered his face with his hands. "You can. I won't mock you I swear." Sana blinked with all sincerity. " You wish. I am not crying in front of You." Rehan huffed, his eyes already watering, " I hate this." He sobbed hiding his face. "It's okay." Sana said as she moved her chair near him patting him on his back. 

"It's going to be disappointing, no matter what she does- if she ignores me it will break my heart, if she shows affection it would sting as well. I know cause that's how it went with Dad as well. I just want to run away- "He sobbed. "Then let's do that? hmm...? Come with me on the day of the presentation- Anu and Yuvi will take care of the event."Sana asked softly. 

"I don't want to run away like a coward- I did nothing wrong- why should I run away?" Rehan said looking away, "Running away also takes courage- You are trying to save yourself what's wrong with that?" Sana argued, to which Rehan looked at her hopefully. 

"Come with me, let's focus on my troubles so you don't have to face things you are not willing to face right now. huh? Sounds like a plan?"Sana smiled making Rehan chuckle. 

-x-

"WOW! what is this plot twist. Sana you are making me feel single as fuck right now."Anu made a sad face as she stared at the duo in the canteen- "This is it. I have decided if Yuvi isn't going to ask me out I am going to do it!"Anu said determined, "For real?" She jumped at the voice just to find Yuvi blushing as he smiled ear to ear. " Aish! "Anu covered her face embarrassed as she ran away.