Part 42

"Sana... we can just put your name in our group, no one will mind."Anu shook her head, " I am not going to contribute why should my name be there? It's just freeloading... "Sana replied stuffing in the sandwich as the trio went through the paperwork and presentation, preparing for the competition.

Anu opened her mouth to be fed, to which Sana fed her. "Here..."Sana chirped forwarding the Sandwich to Yuvi, who opened his mouth eating silently not looking away from his laptop. Sana looked at Rehan sitting opposite her and hesitated a bit before forwarding Sandwich to him, to which a very surprised Rehan looks at Sana, "What? open up." Sana urges him to open his mouth, to which he obliges just to be stuffed with a whole sandwich. 

-x-

"Oh, the event is going to be pretty big I guess." Sana said as the college bustled with the preparation of the event. " Yeah! obviously, even the people from placement companies and investors are going to be there, You can guess how big the event is going to be by that!" Anu pointed at the bulletin board nearby showing the list of guests for the event. 

Sana walked towards the bulletin board curious to see the guest list, she hummed as she traced the names one after another when the realization struck her- she blinked twice before reading the name again-  "Riddhi Ahuja" under Cheif guest. "Shit" Sana banged her head at the board not believing the mess she unintentionally has caused.  Sana took out her marker carefully covering the name, she walked back to her seat, trying to figure out what to do.  Not aware, a silent worried gaze followed her.

-x-

"Do you think Rehan checked the guest list?" Sana asked as soon as they came into the room, biting her nails. " I don't think so... You know how he is- he went through the rules and stuff but he couldn't be bothered about the judges even. Too confident for his own good." Anu rolled her eyes. "That's better cause we have a problem." Sana said folding her arms making Anu groan.

"WHAT??? are you guys for real??? Wah!! Riddhi Ahuja is his MOM?????"Anu yelled making Sana cover her ears, "Yes, and he doesn't go well with his parents so- he cannot be the one presenting- You know what happened before right?" Sana sighed, "Yeah... You guys didn't talk for almost a month- God it was so damn awkward!"Anu shook her head to which Sana glared at her- "but... if he won't present who will? and how are we going to convenience him? there is no way he will back down with an opportunity like this-" Anu said as she flopped on the bed. 

"Let's not tell him then- one you just prepare for presentation- or you both can, we just need to have something that will stop him to be there at the time." Sana replied pacing back and forth, "and what would that be? "Anu sighed, " I will figure it out." Sana said her brain working fast.

She took out her cellphone and quickly dialed a number, as she left the room.

-x-

"You knew?" Sana asked surprised, "Yeah, they might be living apart now but Riddhi still calls me and keeps me informed- she still is my daughter-in-law, she will be visiting me as well."Granny said, "My son might have forgotten about me but my daughter-in-law hasn't." She scoffed. "Granny!" Sana rolled her eyes, " Fine. But that man hasn't visited me since I stepped out of their home, is this way for a son to behave?" Granny went on with rent.

"Okay, when is she visiting you?"Sana asked calmly, her brain already planning ahead.

-x-

"Mr. Shekawat..." Sana hesitated as they stepped out of the office, wondering if she should ask the question or not. "You can ask- no need to be this hesitant" Mr. Shekhawat smiled sensing her hesitation- "Ummm... Did you know Riddhi Ma'am is going to visit soon? She is a guest in our college event, I was just wondering if you knew..." Sana asked just to see many emotions come and go on Mr. Shekawat's face, " No. I didn't." Mr. Shekawat replied after taking a moment, walking towards his car. 

"I apologize if I am stepping over the line here- but don't you wanna see her? " Sana asked as they got in the car, "We haven't seen her for all these years- plus I don't think there really is any use of seeing each other- is there? we just have a pile of bad memories together so what's the point." Mr. Shekhawat smiled sadly as he started the engine, ending the conversation. 

-x-