Part 74

Sana woke up in the hospital bed. It felt like her body would crumble. 

She couldn't help but wonder why she had to go through all this. Just why? What did she do so wrong to deserve it? She tried to move her hand and that was when she realized someone was by her side holding on to her hand.  Sana opened her eyes slowly as the light seemed to be too bright. 

Rehan slept by her side with her hand in his, it was pretty evident that he has been crying, but even though it wasn't exactly a good situation Sana could feel her heart at ease as she smiled looking at his face. It's been days since Sidharth and Vikram were found dead. It was all over once and for all, was the only positive outcome of it. 

Every time she opened her eyes Rehan was just there. She had an urge to run her hand through his hair to let him know she was fine but she couldn't as lifting her hand right now seemed hard. She was just thankful and glad to have him by her side even with so much going on- 

She knew she had put him through a lot, something he didn't want to be part of but still having him by her side made her happy and gave her the strength to withstand all the emotional trauma.  God, she was so in love with this guy- 

Sana chuckled thinking about the first time they met, who would have known that she would end up falling for the guy she hated at the first glance? The chuckle turned into a cough which woke Rehan up from his nap. He hurried to get her water. 

"You okay?" He asked worried as Sana took a sip and she nodded, Rehan stepped away to put the glass away just to feel a tug at his shirt. "What? You want anything?" He asked and leaned in as Sana gestured for him to come closer. "I know it's not exactly a great time to ask this but given how life is so unpredictable and nothing exactly goes the way we want, I don't exactly want to wait for the right time. So will you go out with me?" She whispered and Rehan blinked not exactly getting if he was imagining things or Sana really was asking him out. 

"Is that a No?" She said as he didn't reply. "Are you serious right now?" He said as his eyes watered, to which she nodded holding onto him. "I... I am going to kiss you- "he said as he leaned in, placing his lips over hers he pecked them as gently as he could, his lips were sure chapped but they still felt soft and like water she just had. His one hand went under her neck and the other on her back supporting her body weight. 

"Is that good enough for an answer?" He said as he broke the kiss, and looked back at her as Sana blushed all red. "I didn't know you could look this adorable while you blush." Rehan said as he moved away trying not to smile, his ears red by now. 

"Why do I have to be the first one always? I guess you are a scardy cat." Sana said as she looked away to avoid embarrassment. "What?? I was the one who confessed first." Rehan huffed. "Oh please! I said it first- just saying confession the word first doesn't mean you did it first." Sana rolled her eyes sitting up straight. Rehan wanted to retort but they heard a snicker from behind to which they looked behind startled to see everyone standing at the door. 

"Aigoo!! Fucking Finally, the love birds are together!! I cannot tell you how much I missed you two bickering." Anu chirped as she ran to Sana engulfing her in a hug and Rehan blushed red as Parth looked at him funnily with Yuvi.