Part 52

"What are you exactly doing?" Sana elbowed Rehan who was trying to chop onions, "Dancing?"He stared at her with a poker face. "Grandma specifically mentioned "No Onions", what part of it you didn't understand?" She stared right back, to which he stared at the knife and then at the chopped onion.

"Sana, can you help me with this?" Riddhi asked and Sana hurried off, abandoning Rehan. "What are we making again?"Rehan asked frustrated not forgetting to show his disapproval of the whole situation as he talked, glaring at Riddhi and Vihan.

"Let's divide the work, I and Sana will get done with Kheer and puri- you guys can make Sabzi and rice?"Riddhi said politely not looking either at Vihan or Rehan, "dividing work is fine but I will work with Sana."Rehan said as pulled Sana towards himself.

"I will get to cutting- you can do the rice."Rehan said as he washed vegetables, "Yah, it will be awkward for them-"Sana whispered, "And what about me? Why don't you think about how frustrating this whole situation is for me?"Rehan raised his brows challenging Sana to argue further. "I didn't mean..."Sana tried explaining, "I know. I know you care about everyone here- but can you just focus on me for a while- I am barely holding on right now. So, help me."His voice shook as he spoke. "I..."Sana tried but couldn't come up with words, while Rehan just passed rice to her not waiting for her response. 

-x-

"I can do kheer."Vihan said after awkward silence between him and Riddhi, who just nodded- and they headed to their respective work, "Are you guys really working? It's quite as if someone has died." Grandma said as she came in,  "Yeah... everything is going fine."Sana forced a smile,

"We need to use a burner-"Rehan said monotonously as he waited for Vihan to move-"Oh! am done just use this one."Riddhi hurried to take the Kadhai off the burner with her bare hands.

"Ouch!"She winced in pain as she dropped the utensil, her hands burnt, Vihan and Rehan rushed towards her worried, "Are you crazy? why would you take it off the burner like that? what are you a kid? Seriously Riddhi! "Vihan yelled as he dragged her to the sink, starting the tap water. Rehan quickly rushed with the first aid box. 

"It's fine really."Riddhi said pulling her hand out of Vihan's, embarrassed, "It's not fine- Rehan hand me the ointment."Vihan said as he took her hands in his again, while Rehan handed him the ointment quickly. 

"Seriously! you haven't changed a bit- you need to take care of yourself, what am I supposed to do if anything happens to you-"Vihan stopped mid-sentence awkwardly, while everyone avoided eye contact with each other. "You can go out and rest, we will manage the rest." Rehan said as he ran his hand through his hair awkwardly, to which Grandma quickly took Riddhi out. 

"Sana, can I have a moment with him?" Vihan asked to which Sana looked at Rehan willing for him to answer, "No."Rehan said as he got back to his work, and Sana stood there awkwardly, "okay, this is fine as well- I just want to say whatever happened to our family is my fault please don't punish Riddhi for it." Vihan sighed, to which Rehan scoffed.

"You don't get to decide that! I do. You both left me don't think I will forgive you if you have a change of heart suddenly just when I don't need you guys anymore."Rehan stated clearly losing his cool, "She was having a hard time mentally- it was best for you to be with someone who wasn't just existing but could take care of you."Vihan said frowning, "I am not in the mental state to accept you- so stop it! Just because I am quiet for Grandma doesn't mean I have forgotten everything. Stop creating a scene- I am barely holding it in."Rehan fumed as he grabbed on to knife tightly. "Yah Rehan!"Sana said quickly opening his fist. "Are you crazy?" She said panicking, she thanked her stars that the cut wasn't deep. "We have finals coming up and you use your right hand to write you, idiot!" She frowned at Rehan, while Vihan stood there drowning in guilt.

"You get out as well."Sana stated as she put the bandage on the cut, "I said get out." Sana said before Rehan could say anything against it, who quietly obliged.

"Don't take his words to heart- He will come around if you don't give up."Sana smiled warmly at Vihan, who nodded getting back to his work.