Part 76

It was awkward. Even when Rehan decided to let go of whatever happened thanks to Sana, it was still hard to hold a conversation with either of his parents. The car ride was awfully silent. 

"Thanks for joining the company." Mr.Shekhawat trying to break the ice. "It's nothing! Grandma asked me to help- and I had to."Rehan said as he stared at the street lights.  Soon they were back home just before Rehan was about to get off Mr. Shekhawat called out for him making him stop in his tracks. 

"Rehan! I know this might be too late but that doesn't mean I should skip it because it's important. I... I am sorry. I am really sorry for not being there for you when you needed me- for not being strong enough and a good father. I am, I am really sorry.  But also, I wouldn't say I regret it because you turned out to be a fine man staying with your grandma unlike me. 

You might find this statement rude but I was scared that I might ruin you further if I was the one who took care of you. But that is not how a parent should behave no matter what- and I am sorry." He said as a tear rolled down their cheeks. 

Rehan looked away crying, he knew how much courage it must have taken for his father to apologize to him. It wasn't a cakewalk obviously. Vihan walked away awkwardly ad Rehan decided it was now or never he ran after his father and hugged him from behind quickly. When they heard someone sobbing nearby. 

Breaking the hug Rehan peaked and saw his mother crying as she stood at the door, Vihan looked from Rehan to Riddhi opening his arm he gestured for her to come in and she ran in hugging Rehan. "I am sorry. Mom is sorry, my poor baby!" She cried as she hugged him and he just let him cuddle her like a baby and cry. 

Grandma leaned on Sana's shoulder as she watched her family reunite after her ears as they silently cried and Parth patted their shoulders smiling. 

"Okay but what about the dinner." Grandma yelled to which Sana and Parth burst out laughing. 

"yah! I am old. I need to eat on time for my medicines. Get in." She said and the Shekhawat smiled between tears.