Part 49

"Excuse me-"Rehan said looking at a taken-back Riddhi as he pulled Sana by the elbow to the side. 

"Wait. What is she doing here? "Rehan asked confused, " Grandma asked her to stay with her while she is staying here." Sana said not- believing- what was happening. "You knew?" Rehan asked raising his brow. "Yeah, I asked her- and I know your Grandma well enough! You seriously didn't see this coming?" Sana looked at Rehan, who looked flustered. 

"Are you coming in?" Sana asked as there was no response from Rehan, as he looked lost in thought. "They are announcing results why isn't she in college?" He whispered as he followed Sana still in a daze. 

"I am glad you could make it! I thought you guys would be there for the ceremony though-" Riddh said a bit confused seeing Rehan here as well. "Aren't you supposed to be there?" Rehan asked coldly before he could stop himself. " Ah, You guys won and I thought you won't like the idea of receiving the prize from me- so I..." Riddhi stopped mid-sentence turning to look at Rehan, whose face dropped. 

"Ah... These guys won? What a SURPRISE! I didn't really expect them to win" Sana laughed trying to save the situation. "Excuse me?" Rehan said frowning as he turned his full attention to Sana, who shook her head realizing how she knew Rehan so well. "Yes, you are excused." She faked the polite smile, making Rehan let out a laugh in disbelief.

"Are you serious? Like fine- if you don't trust me- who has ranked no.1 mind you, at least trust the efforts and faith of Anu and Yuvi in me-hah!" Rehan shook his head, "I mean, the other teams were pretty good to-you know?" Sana said suppressing her laugh, and Riddhi looked at the duo endeared. "YAH! Aren't you supposed to be on our side?" Rehan shook his head, to which Grandma came in the hall, "Just when I thought I had some peace." She said clearly happy seeing the duo. 

"Grandma!" Sana chirped as she hurried to hug her, just to be pushed aside by Rehan, "She is my Grandma, I get to hug her first! You get in line." Rehan made a face as he engulfed Grandma in a hug. "I always force hugs on you, why are you pretending in front of her"Grandma laughed to which Rehan shhhed her. "My turn"Sana said pushing Rehan away from Grandma.

-x-

"These two look close."Riddhi said as she came to the kitchen, "They are!" Grandma chirped happily.  " Rehan looks happy with her. " Riddhi smiled looking at Grandma and then looked at Sana who was serving food on the table. "I will go call Rehan, to eat."She patted Riddhi's back lovingly, understanding how happy and grateful Riddhi felt towards Sana to bring Rehan home.

"Rehan. Let's go- time to eat!" Grandma said as she entered his room, "Why are you letting her stay here?"Rehan asked getting to the point, "Because, unlike my son who has forgotten my existence, it's her who has been looking out for me for all these years." Grandma said daring Rehan to challenge her. "Do whatever you want- who is listening to me anyway." Rehan sighed as he flopped on his bed. "I know you don't want to hear about it, but she cried the moment she came back she kept on crying- seeing you made her so happy- "Grandma said just to be cut off.

"If she cared that much, why did she leave me here all alone?"Rehan looked straight at Grandma daring her to defend Riddhi, "She wasn't in the situation to take you with her- she was having a hard time."She said, "And I am having a hard time now- she decided to walk away, so she should stay away."Rehan laughed. "Fair enough." Grandma said as she sat beside Rehan, confusing Rehan.

"What? Did you think I will not take your side? I love you more than my kids- you are my grandson- You are allowed to take your time. Am just telling you- all she has been doing is crying anyways- when she came back from college and she cried- not fully because of you though" Grandma said perking Rehan's interest.

"It finally dawned on her how much time has passed seeing you and Sana all grown up, she cried finally realizing that Suhana isn't here anymore- she used to think that if she came back here- Suhana and Shekhar would still be here. Sana reminds her so much of both of them, she won't shut up about it."Grandma sighed, "If we were so close, why didn't we take Sana in, why did you guys leave her to suffer all alone?"Rehan scoffed, "We weren't able to take care of you- how dare we take her in and mess her life even more."Grandma smiled sadly.

-x-

Rehan and Grandma walked downstairs just to find Riddhi and Sana chatting happily over something. "Why is she so happy? We didn't even do anything for her when we should have had." Rehan said as he stared at her laughing face. "Sana doesn't expect much from anyone- that's how she is, just like her father." Grandma patted him.

"Instead of what could have happened- let's focus on what we can do for her now, we all were having a hard time then- now that we have gathered ourselves and are strong enough- it's time to focus on what we can do. Stop living in past- not for sake of others but yourself, focus on the present." She said as she walked ahead.