Chapter 44: Tactical

~~~

The crowd cheered as they saw such a driving moment in the final phase of the battle. With Satsuki's victory, the crowd was completely overjoyed from such a spectacular fight.

Satsuki looked around her body and saw that she had been given a minimal amount of damage from Neji. She was quite surprised herself if she was being totally honest.

The Hyuga were very lethal when it came to close combat, there were many times in the battle that she could've jeopardized her own safety and be trapped in Neji's trap.

Satsuki sighed quietly before glancing at the downed Neji for a brief amount of time.

"Fate-worshipper," said Satsuki quietly as she walked away from Neji and inside of the black-abyss that was also know as a tunnel. The medics came in running to tend to Neji in a quick manner.

She then calmly went up the stairs and entered the spectating area for the contestants of the finals.

"He's still not here?" Satsuki asked Shikamaru as he just shook his head lazily. She by no means was friends with the lazy person known as Shikamaru, but she does know that Naruto and him were close acquaintances.

And that's really the only reason she was talking to him.

Well, I'm half-surprised. Naruto is always tardy and skipping things, but doesn't usually be this late when it comes to these kinds of things. Satsuki thought to herself and she looked down towards the battlefield closely.

She looked over the ledge and waited for the next to start up.

"Can I have Kankuro and Aburame Shino for their battle?" It was not a request — it was an order that one could say was absolute. Satsuki looked over at the two contestants that were called over.

There seemed to be a lot of conflict apparent on Kankuro's face. Satsuki questioned this — there should really be no actual reason to be so conflicted since all he had to do was simply go down there and fight.

Her analytical eye then warped right towards Shino and saw him ready him to go down to the arena right below them.

As Shino was about to move, Kankuro spoke out towards Genma.

"I forfeit proctor!" This caught many by surprise. And this decision was most definitely not liked by the public figure/audience that were surrounding them.

"BOOO!!!" Lots of the crowd yelled out loud with utter disappointment at Kankuro's forfeit. Well, now it was now one step closer to Naruto's fight.

Satsuki looked at Kankuro with narrowed eyes.

Weird. Your decision is quite odd. Thought Satsuki before moving her eyes back to the fight that was about to start in a few minutes.

"Can I have Nara Shikamaru and Temari for their fight!" Announced Genma. This announcement brought a smirk of arrogance on Temari's face.

And this brought out a sigh of laziness from Shikamaru. With much boredom, Shikamaru walked right down his way to the field.

He entered the dark and narrow tunnel and appeared from the other side and walked out in the blazing heat from the field around him.

Temari appeared soon after. Her hand was holding the large fan that she always held between her fingertips.

Shikamaru yawned loudly with little to no motivation involved at all. He looked up towards the blazing sun and sighed internally once more.

Today was just not his day.

Well, it usually isn't his day. But today is just being the worst to him than any other day that he had ever experienced.