Chapter 53

-: Ares :-

After dinner, I decided to visit the mansion rooftop to clear my head, from the latest events going on in the mansion. After we managed to save Sarah in the nick of time, things turned out more messy and distressing.

With the baby's death, the atmosphere here had turned gloomy and miserable. Everyone was mourning in their own ways, sad and broken.

But the worst thing for me was Draven's return. When he left, or when everyone thought he betrayed Boss and joined the Irish mob, I was fucking ecstatic. The reasons, very vivid.

He was the biggest hindrance in my path to get Diana. Since the very moment Diana had stepped her foot inside this mansion, I qas fascinated with her.

Overtime, as I noticed her everyday, that fascination grew and changed into adoration. But I couldn't approach her directly due to Draven. He had always been a shield infront of her.

After Draven left, I finally decided to give it a shot. She was heartbroken but appeared so strong in front of everyone, which made me respect her more. We talked and got to spend time time her more, and eventually my feeling for her grew stronger everyday, unless I realised ... that I was in love with her.

But before I could had confess, that bloody moron came back, making Diana distressed and me, furious. He always got what never belonged to him, what he never truly deserved.

Heaving a tired sigh, I stepped over the threshold, but the sight infront of me made my blood boil in my veins. Draven was cupping Diana's face and she was letting her touch him !? The look in their eyes made my skin crawl, my temper flaring and I growled out,"Hands off my women!"

Both of their faces snapped towards me, Diana's eyes widening as she quickly stepped away from Draven, his hands were still up on the air, as he eyed me abhorrently. How dare he touched Diana!? Was he trying to lure her back to him!?

Never! I wouldn't let that happen. She was mine.

I charged at Draven, my vision red with wrath as my fist colliding with his jaw and Diana shrieked behind me, her hands flying upto her mouth, to cover the shock. Blood splashed out of Draven's face, and he gnashed his teeth, his face malicious.

"Stay away from her, you arsehole," I roared, almost lunging at him again, when Diana appeared infront of me, pressing down her palms to my chest. It heaved as I took deep breaths, baring my teeth at Draven.

"Shh Ares, no ... don't. You're better better this," Diana cooed, cupping my jaw as she laid a chaste kiss on my chin, trying to calm the raging bull inside me.

"She didn't mind our proximity," Draven taunted and Diana face snapped towards him. His mocking eyes instantly changed to guilty ones, but the damage was already done.

I clenched my jaw, as a vein on my forehead ticked at his words. Without caring of the consequences, I pulled away from Diana and pounced on Draven, tackling him to the ground.

Caught off guard, his head collided with the floor, as he hissed, but the thin thread which was holding my patience had broke. Grabbing his collar I slammed his head on the floor again, punching him repeatedly.

"Don't. Talk. About. Her,"

He got a grip of the situation by rolling us over. His hand was still up in the air as blood glided down his chin, his eyes wild.