Chapter 3 ✔️

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

CHASE

It had been an hour since my men left. I had to deal with the drug imports. The Spanish Cartel supplies the best drugs in our world. They were the drug lords. We have been working together for the last 17 years. The quality was the best and the effects those drugs leave on my enemies were fatal.

I had sent Keven to check on my clubs. I also owned bars and casinos throughout my territory. He has been bickering about this position from a long time and I consider him perfect for this job. He can take good care of the businesses and deals that goes on through the dark, lurking shadows of my clubs. It mainly include smuggling, bribery, money laundering, loan sharking, extortion, Illegal gambling and many other unlawful activities.

I had been raised to be the leader. My father was the kindest lover to my mother, and the polar opposite to me. He was a strict and stern father. From the age of 12, I was trained and moulded to be the perfect leader of the Ndrengheta. My mother was the only one who used to bring out the little softness I had in me. But after her death, I buried that part of me with her.

I was checking some papers when suddenly, the loud ringing of my phone reverberated through the silent office.

Giving a look at the caller ID, my eyebrows narrowed and my temper flared.

Why was he calling now?

I scowled and picked up the call.

"What is it?" I asked oughly in a hard voice.

"Chase?" he replied acknowledging me.

"What do you want?" I asked again coldly.

"Talk to me with respect!" He roared over the phone.

I scoffed.

"After what you did, you don't deserve any respect or power," I replied sharply.

He sighed over the phone and kept quiet. After what felt like an eternity he said, "We need to talk, son."

"There is nothing we need to talk about."

"It's important," he said.

"Cut the crap Andrew! You are nothing but a piece of old trash, who wants to load my brain with bullshit." I growled out.

"It's for your own good son. I want to see you happy. After what happened nine years ago..."

As soon as he said those words, I remembered that horrendous day. Clenching my fist in anger, I threw the phone and it flew across the room. As it came in contact with the wall, it shattered. I saw red. Picking up the nearby chair I smashed it on the glass table.

The day when I lost the most important woman of my life, and my so-called father lost his love.

I ran my hands through my hair and I was breathing heavily. It becomes impossible for me to control my anger when it comes to my Mother. I lost her because of my father, because he felt he can leave her for a single night, unprotected.

It was my fault too. I should had been more careful and vigilant. I should have protected my mother.

We both knew who was behind my mother's death. But we can't do anything to take our revenge.