Chaptet 20 ✔️

ROBERT (Sarah's papa)

"Open the door, you fucking idiots!" I screamed out in rage and frustration for the nth time, banging my fist on the wooden door.

But all in vain. Like each time, no one answered me. I kicked the door few more times, hoping to catch atleast someone's attention, but even if it did, nobody bothered to answer.

Gripping my hair in a fist, I sank down on the floor, my knees coming in contact with the ground, my eyes closing. Utter helplessness wS what I was feeling, for the last few days.

"Urghh!" I screamed out, angrily. My nerves, denying to calm down. Frustration was eating me up from inside like a worm, who slowly destroys an apple.

Tears appeared at the back of my eyes, and I tried to blink them away. I didn't even know where I was held captive, for the last few days.

Sarah.

Her face suddenly came in my line of vision. It had been so long I didn't hold my daughter, close to my heart. I didn't caress her head while putting her to sleep, didn't make fried noodles for her. Didn't see her, at all.

A sob broke at the back of my throat, as I kept sitting on the ground powerlessly.

How is she? Has they captured her too, or Lexi is taking care of her? Lexi. How is my Lexi?

I failed. I failed as a father. I failed to protect her, as I promised her mother.

I failed as a spy. I failed as a partner. How could I be so careless? I should have taken extra precaution while working on this case, specifically. I should have known that Axel James, wasn't a man, I should take lightly.

Yet I did. And it cost me heavily. I never knew he was this powerful to kidnap a government spy. If the authorities somehow even got a hint, on my kidnapping, he would meet his ultimate end .

But they didn't. They didn't even have the slightest idea about it.

Wa it only Axel? Or someone was helping him? He won't take that much risk. I was somehow sure about it. Then who was helping him. Why would someone help him?

It was bothering me too much, that I was helpless here.

Sighing out loud, I opened my eyes and rubbed my face. Taking a look around the room, my eyes hitched at the doubled King sized bed.

The room was too elegant for someone, who was being hold captive. I didn't even have the slightest idea about who kidnapped me. Everyday, a maid just came three times to give me my meals, which was more than enough for a single person.

And everytime I tried to talk to the maid, the guards would stand behind her, holding a gun on the back of her. The little girl always shivered whenever she step her foot in this room.

I still don't recall much, how I was kidnapped. I just remember, parking my car outside my home and entering. As soon as I step my foot in my home, my vision became dark and I felt the sharp pain on the back of my head, before I ended up in an endless abyss.

Next time when I woke up, I was sleeping on this royal bed, peacefully and comfortably. My clothes werebchanged and my accessories, missing.