Chapter 4 ✔️

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

CHASE

As I walked through the dark corridors of the mansion towards the basement, my body got tensed and my muscles felt rigid. Only the sound of our footsteps echoed through the cold walls. The situation was deadly serious if Ares and Draven were unsuccessful. 

I kicked open the door of the basement, only to see the petite figure of a girl, who had been tied down on a chair. 

A chair on which, only my victims get the intense pleasure of sitting. 

Her little form was shivering, and she was taking shaky breaths, her face scrunched up in confusion and fear. Blood was sleeping through the cut on her forehead. 

She looked very small and fragile for this place. Just like a fawn among hungry lions. 

When she looked at me, I glared at her, narrowing down my eyes into slits. She cowered back in fear. 

I smirked internally. She really looked like an innocent lamb who can't even hurt a fly. But looks could be deceiving. If she was the reason behind my losses, I won't hesitate to break her neck. I'm the King for no reason. It was my duty to make sure that no harm comes to my Empire, to those who were under my wings and my men. 

When I asked her name she kept her mouth sealed. I was losing patience very quickly. Gritting my teeth in anger, I furrowed my forehead. I was looking keenly at her. More than half of her face was hidden behind her hair. 

This is really annoying.

I looked at Draven who was standing beside her. He immediately grabbed her jaw very roughly; well rough for her, for us it was the normal hold, and turned it towards me. She winced in pain and her face was scrunched. It screamed naivety.

She seems perfect for my...

I quickly shook my head. I was not sure who she was. She could be an enemy or a government official too. In that case no matter how innocent she looked, she would die. 

I warned and snarled at her for her name. My patience was hanging on a very thin thread. If she didn't answer fast, I won't be responsible for what would happens next. 

I saw her trying to gulp down the bile that must had rose in her throat. She was terrified from the way she was shaking. Finally she told her name.

As soon as I heard her speaking in her oh so melodious voice, my brain froze for a second. Her voice was so sweet and her name, beautiful. I unconsciously voiced it out, and she looked at me with vulnerable eyes. There was something in those beautiful deep orbs that was luring me in.

She can be the one....

But as realisation dawned upon me, my temper flared.

Sarah Wilson? Wilson!?

I gritted my teeth in anger and charged towards Ares who was standing behind the chair, the girl was sitting on. My fist collided hard with his nose and I heard the satisfying sound of crack, which indicated that his nose broke.

"You fucking bastard! My order was to finish Robert Wilson! Not to kidnap his fucking daughter. Where is he?" I bellowed.

Ares took a hold of his bloody nose and opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out of his mouth, due to pain.

"Gosh Boss, you need to calm your fucking balls, or else they would burst out one day. And that hand, I never knew it causes so much pain to our victims. How will your would be wife even handle that much pressure of those rough hands. You better get them manicured."