Chapter 35

ROBERT

I woke up almost 2 hours after that incident, feeling weak and sluggish. A burnt mark was there on my wrist and my right hand was numb almost for the whole day.

But I still remember the voice of that man, who was responsible for this condition of mine. Specifically the last words he uttered.

...home wrecker and a murderer.

His tone was coated with so much contempt, resentment and disgust that it made me wonder, how could a person hate Lexi that much.

How did he even know her?

It's not like I had believed the words uttered by the person who was responsible for the round scar on my wrist. These people were manipulate and sly. And I had already experienced that.

The guards took extra precautions now while they came to give me food.

Taking a deep breath in annoyance, I stood up from the couch and kicked the foot of the bed harshly. I was exasperated by my countless failures and it was only proving my incompetence as a spy to those bloody scoundrels.

The clink of the door caught mu attention and I swiftly turmed back. It was one of the soldiers, a plate in his hand and his glaring eyes fixed at me.

"You better song try to make a move," he growled out, sauntering inside with calculated steps.

I arched up one my eyebrow tauntingly and his glare harshen. Steeping inside the room he turns his back on me for a second to keep the plate in the table, when I saw a phone in his back pocket.

It was just a span of two seconds and I did the first instinctual thing, swiftly grabbing it and hid it in my pocket.

The guard briskly turned towards me and narrowed his eyes into a skeptical look. My face was emotionless and I looked back at him blankly.

"Eat," he said in low rough voice and sauntered out of the room.

I locked the room and quickly took out the phone. I dialled Lexi's number cause that was the only number I remembered right now.

"Damn it!"

It was coming engaged. I didn't have much time. Soon, the guard would realise that he didn't has his phone and would come.

So I decided to leave a message. But I need to send it in code form. I was not sure where Lexi was and whether she had her phone with her or not.

2nd home, 3rd floor (underground).
                                                             -WR.

My office was like my 2nd home and Lexi knew that. And I had only one big cabinet in it, where I always kept all the work related data. My inverted initials was the only clue I left for her to know that it was me.

I really hoped she would figure this out that I had hidden the chip below the last drawer of the cabinet. And I really prayed that she could trace my location through the message I was about to send.

I clicked on the send option and within a few seconds the delivery report came. Without wasting a second I deleted the message, and threw the phone aimlessy on the couch.

The door banged opened within a minute and the guard strode into the room, his face twisted into an angry scowl as he clenched his jaw.

"Where is my fucking cellphone!?" he roared.