Chapter 14 ✔️

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

LEXI

Deafning silence crept into the room as I looked at him trying to find any hint of playfulness on his face. That any moment he would burst out laughing, telling me this was all a joke, that he used to do when he played serious pranks on me in his childhood.

But he didn't. His face was blank and serious.

Dead serious.

Taking a deep breath through my mouth I whispered, "So where is Robert now?"

"He is under our 'protection' and is kept in one of our luxurious warehouses."

"You have imprisoned him?" I whispered-yelled.

"Not practically because he is in quite a comfortable place for a prisoner. He is just not allowed to keep any contact with the outside world, and he can't leave his 'luxurious prison' unless I'm done with Sarah," he said in a very relaxed way. His chin on the interlocked hand and his elbows resting on the wooden table, a unfamiliar smirk on his lips.

Exhaling a deep breath, I face-plamed myself covering me eyes to cheek. He didn't speak further, letting the information sink into my brain.

"So you are saying that your main aim was to kill Robert, but Ares and Draven kidnapped Sarah because Robert wasn not at home in the first place, and they had to take somebody? Also those boys killed Max too!?" My voice raised at the last part of the sentence as I practically snapped at Chase.

He just nodded.

"And now you are saying that Sarah is here only for the purpose of carrying the child?" I asked.

"Yes," he whispered.

I just shook my head and stood up from the chair with a flash.

How much fucked up is this situation?

I slammed my palms on the wooden table and looked at him. Grave seriousness etched on my face. His face was still emotionless and cold as ice.

Opening my mouth I spoke the same words I said 9 years ago when I left him and this mansion.

"I'm leaving."

Turning back I strode towards the door. He had gone utterly mad.

Sarah was just like my daughter and Robert, I loved that man. And Chase wanted to kill him!? On the top of that they killed Max too!?

I was not going to stay here for a single second. I had already lodged a missing file for both Sarah and Robert when I found them missing from his home. And when police came to search their locked home they found Max in it, dead. I was scared shitless and tried my best to search for them with the help of police since that day. Due to Robert being an undercover cop I had extra advantage as the cops are trying harder to look for him. They didn't find a single clue, but now I understood why.

I had to look for Robert and inform him about his daughter. Chase was my nephew, more like my son, but I would not let Sarah get destroyed in this world too, where I lost myself and my sister.