Chapter 23 ✔️

SARAH

"You slut!" Mark bellowed out, his eyes throwing daggers at Ariadne as he sauntered inside the room.

Chase hastily moved away from her and walked up to me. Kneeling down in front of me, he hold me up my the shoulders, very gently. I was gaping at him.

"You should be careful. Don't forget you are not alone now." Saying this, he stood in front of me, and gently touched my stomach.

At his statement realisation dawned upon me, and I quickly looked down, softly pressing my stomach.

How can I be this irresponsible!?

My eyebrows furrowed, in regret. I should have been careful. No harm should come up on this baby.

"Put me down, you Moron! How dare you touch me!"

I snapped my face towards the direction, and the scene in front of me made me want to laugh my ass off. But I controlled, somehow.

Mark had thrown Ariadne over his shoulder, and she was screaming and scratching his back, punching too. But, all in vain.

I watched with gaping eyes as Mark strode out of the room, with Ari on his back, throwing a tantrum and his face deadly, his jaw clenched and his fist curled up.

Oh God! What if he beats her up!?

I dashed off behind them to stop him, when two muscular arms snaked around my waist stopping me.

"What do you think you are doing?" Chase whispered in my ears, huskily. His hot breath gazing my bare neck.

"Um, we should stop him. What if-what if he beats her up?" I shuttered, unable to form a single sentence properly.

Damn you, Chase Morgan!

"Don't worry about them. No matter what, no harm will come upon her, as long as Mark is with her," he said huskily, nudging my crook of the neck with his nose.

"Oh, ok-okay." I gave out a low moan, when he left an open-mouthed kiss on my pulsating vein.

"However, she may not be able to walk tomorrow or this week."

This broke my trance, and my eyes widened. Stepping away from him, I turned back and gaped at him.

"OMG! He will break her legs! We will have to stop him, Chase. How can you be so casual with this!?"

I turned back to stop Mark, but with a flash he grabbed my left arm and turned me towards him. His eyes had turned dangerously dark and his gaze, hungry.

"Did you just say my name?"

Did I?

"Sorry, Mr. Morg...."

He pulled me more towards him, and wrapped his other arm around my hips.

"Say it again," he commanded, his tone deep and silky.

"Uh..I...um..."

"Did I stutter, little bird?" He asked, his tone threatening.