Chapter 16 ✔️

CHASE

Taking a swig of the scotch from my glass, I kept my eyes fixed on the transparent glass wall of the room, my other hand fisted in my pocket. It was giving me a clear view of my club, The Imperial, underneath, from where I was standing. It was mirror glass. Nobody from outside can see what was going on here.

The hookers and pole dancers were hanging out here and there. Some giggling among themselves and enjoying the facilities, some giving private shows and lap dances to men, some going back the room and some walking out the club with men trailing behind them.

My eyes were narrowed to a particular someone, who was getting a lap dance from two prostitutes, in the private section. The curtains were pulled but the was enough for me to see the face of that person.

Pathetic mutt.

Scoffing at him, I turned my back to the wall and took my sit on the chair, and kept the glass in my hand, back on the table.

Ares was standing near the door, his shoulders pushed back, hands interlocked at his back and legs apart. His gun visible as their is the slight bulge on his suit. His professional face was on which he used only when he was outside the mansion or when he was in a serious thought. I saw his jaw clenching  from time to time.

Taking the paper weight in my hand, I rolled it, and gently closed my eyes.

He would be here any moment.

Knock knock.

It's show time.

Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear.

My lips curled into a proud smirk, as I saw Antonio striding into the room, Mark hot on his heels.

Antonio, the Underboss of Denmark, and Mark, his second in command.

Stopping infront of me, he gave me a curt nod and stood in the same position, as Ares was standing a few minutes ago, Mark behind him in the same position as well.

"Report." My dark and heavy tone resonated in the silent room, as the two of them remain standing infront of me. Ares stood his ground immobile, behind me.

"Everything is under control Capo, but...." Antonio replied.

My eyebrows furrowed as soon as I saw Antonio hesitating. Cold sweats were visible on his forehead as he gulped. He was not a man to stammer.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We are facing some issues with Kosovo. Vincent, Kosovo's leader had just vanished for a few days, a month ago. We have no idea where he went, but when he returned there is some disturbances going on there. Its suspected that he is importing weapons from Korea at a high price, as he can't do that since weapon trafficking is a closed case in Kosovo. He is playing his cards under our noses." Antonio replied me back, his tone heavy with loathe.

A muscle ticked in my jaw as I tried to control my anger. My hold on the glass tightened and the poor thing cracked under my fingers due to the pressure I implied on it.

"So, I need to send someone there."

"No sir, you need to send someone to Germany." Mark said from the back, remain hiding behind Antonio's shadow.