Chapter 18 ✔️

SARAH

Uncertainty filled up my mind as I let Melissa drag me through the dusty path of the forest, the dry branches crunching under my feet, the usual pulpy smell filled up my nose, my eyes blindfolded.

"Can you please remove this blindfold? Its getting irritating now."

"Patience sweetheart," Diana said from somewhere, as Melissa held my hand tightly, walking me off somewhere.

I was out in the forest with Keven, as it had been long I went there. My lungs and body needed some fresh air, and the forest was truly the best place. It calmed my nerves and as much as I didn't want to admit, but they were jumbled up for a few days.

So serene, so calm and so peaceful.

But the tranquility was broken by the sudden yells of these monkeys. Diana and Melissa came running into there, to blindfold mee a  said, 'A surprise is waiting for you.'

I was honestly not interested in the surprise, cause whenever I got a surprise back, after coming here, it had always been something which had always resulted in me, loosing a lot of tears.

"Okey, we have entered the mansion, and now we will directly take you to your room," Melissa said merrily.

We kept on walking, when the sudden delicious smell of chicken curry awakened my taste buds, drool appearing on the side of my mouth.

"If you two are here, who is cooking today's meal? Cause as per as I remember, it was our shift today, to cook, isn't it?"

"It was our, as in mine and Diana's turn today, not yours, Sarah." Melissa pointed out.

"We are not discussing this again, girls. I have decided to help you guys out and it keeps me busy too, rather than sitting around all throughout the day. It get boring!" I whined out.

"Well to answer your first question, it's Lexi, who is cooking the meal, and secon...."

"Why is she cooking?" I cut her off, rudely.

"She likes to cook for everyone. Its like we all are her children. And that's why, she threw all the maids out of the kitchen, and told us to engage ourselves in other works."

"And Mr. Morgan allowed, his dear aunt?" I taunted.

Honestly, I was little hurt, that I was no more the only child of Alexis, or Lexi, or Miss Lexi. Whatever.

"Yes, why won't boss allow? He loves it when she cooks."

"Ohh." I didn't bother to say much.

After walking blindly, tripping slightly from time to time, for what felt like eternity, we finally reach my room.

"And, here we are. In your room!" Melissa shouted

Both of the girls were happy, way too excited. I wonder what the surprise was?

"We are going to open the blindfold, okey?"

"Hurry up!" I was getting impatient.

As soon as she opened the blindfold, my mouth opened to the size of a cave, my eyes widening in jollity. I squealed in surprise.