Chapter 26 (Part II) ✔️

CHASE

"Ahhhhhhh!" Her painful cries echoed in the room, and I spurted towards her again.

"Hey hey hey, shhh......calm down, calm down," I whispered in her ear gently, gathering her shivering frail form in my arms. She was sweating profusely, though the air conditioner of my room was on.

"He will kill my baby, he killed them," she mumbled incoherently in her sleep, wiggling in my grip. Her breaths were coming short, which flared up my nerves.

Sitting down on the bed once again, I held her shivering body in my arms, securing her within me. She sobbed in her sleep, but didnt open her eyes. Nuzzling her face deep within my neck, I clasped her tightly.

"Shh my love, nobody will harm him, calm down love, calm down," I hushed her down, gently rubbing her back and rocking her back and forth, completely unaware of these them, she was speaking about.

"He wi....he will...." she murmered rubbing her face on my chest. Minutes passed but she remained silent, her heavy breaths grazing my chest.

Bending down my face, I saw she had opened her eyes. Looking constantly at the small picture frame on the nightstand, which contained her family photo, she cried lowly. Her chest heaving and her broken sobs were breaking my heart. Her nose had turned red, puffy and bloodshot eyes, and her face bloatched.

I kept sitting there, swinging Sarah to and fro, constantly rubbing her back, occasionally dropping kisses on her temple and forehead, mumbling sweet things to her.

After what felt like eternity, her sobs died down, and I felt her breathing getting slower.

She fell asleep, once again.

The only emotion I was feeling for the last 3 days was rage, seeing her in this condition. So vulnerable and breakable. Her encounter with Benjamin had shattered her mental peace, and I couldn't do anything to protect my Sarah.

Anger welled up in my chest, hot fury coarsing through my veins, and I curled my fists in rage, wishing to punch that fucking bastard. A desire raised within me, the yearning to torture Benjamin with my bare hands. A strong need to slice open his each and every vein and to cut off his limp dick.

I still remembered the look of victory on his face, when he left. The malicious smirk, his face contained before jumping off the window.

Flashback

The moment I entered the room, my steps came to an abrupt halt at the scene infront of me.

No! This was not happening. This had to be a joke. Fate was playing a cruel game with me.

A masked man, with only his eyes and lip out, was sitting on my chair, the position I behold, the rank I possessed, with Sarah unconscious of his lap. Her body was facing me, her face on his shoulder.

Burning rage hissed through my body like a deadly poison, demanding a release in the form of violence. It was like a volcano erupting, fury sweeping off me like a ferocious wave, wrath consuming me.

"Hello Chase Morgan." A deadly voice echoed in the room.

"Benjamin Kavanagh," I whispered, my fists curling up in rage. Raw anger shot through me, nearly consuming my whole body. The murderer of my mother was sitting on my throne, with my woman on his lap.