Chapter 51

-: CHASE :-

Her hands had turned bleak, as I rove my thumb gently over her bruised knuckles. The cheekbones which weren't even visible before, were now protruding out as she kept her gaze fixed at the dented window. She couldn't see anything but her gaze wasn't staggering even a bit from the pitch black window shield.

Sarah gasped out silently and pulled her hand out of my grip, fisting it near her chest and giving me a guarded look from beneath her lashes.

I sighed out in fatigue and leaned my head back on the headrest, my temples throbbing with a headache. After the last episode, she hadn't uttered even a single word. It had been five days since then. She didn't speak, didn't notice anyone, worst ... didn't cry even once, lost in her own head ... gazing at anything and everything endlessly with a permanent frown etched on her forehead.

Her agitation had reached a new level, always cautious even in empty rooms or jumping at the smallest sounds.

Her sleeps had turned worst, disturbed with nightmares and possibly flashbacks. Her screams had echoed all around the ward and doctors were forced to sedate her to sleep, as she had hurt herself during her episodes, scratching her skin and pulling at her hair.

The news that had shook me to the core was still a secret, I was carrying alone. It was better this. No one has to know anything cause it wasn't important right now. Everything that mattered for the time being was the girl who had my heart in the grip of her fingers and was broken because of me.

"Sarah?" Andrew called out, looking back at her from the shotgun, but as usual she didn't bother to look at him or respond to him. She was muttering gibberish, her lips moving silently.

I didn't know what to do - how to help her out her current predicament.

We were returning back to the city, our home, but I wasn't sure whether it was the right decision or not.

"Chase."

My eyes snapped open and I looked at Andrew as he pointed at the mansion infront of me with his head. Yes, we were back ... but a very huge part of ours was still back there, when Sarah spent her last 45 days.

"Sarah," I called her as softly as possible, trying to look at her but she coiled herself in the seat, pulling her knees infront of her chest, her face scrunching in trepidation.

"It's okay, no one would hurt you. Do you want some water?" Andrew asked softly, looking back at her but she looked at him as if he was an alien.

Several of my guards were standing at the gates guarding the mansion. I had tightened the security more, but would that be enough? The damage was already done.

"Call Diana and Melissa," I ordered one of the guards. Doctors had strictly ordered not to surround her with males, even the known faces. As she was in captivity for a long time and was tortured by only male figures, any man could trigger her.

Both of them came rushing at the car, their faces masked in grief and compassion.

"Help me to get her out," I mumbled and they nodded.

As soon as I rounded the car and opened the the door, Sarah shrieked and crawled inside, tears breaking out of her eyes.

"Sarah." Both Melissa and Diana stood on both the sides of the door and I took a few steps away from her sight.