Chapter 32

**Surprise at the end of the chapter. Happy reading! ** 😊❤️

CHASE

The sound of my footsteps resonated in the dimly lit corridor. The atmosphere was calm and silent. My guards were, as usual standing in their positions, eyes down and shoulders straights as I walked by their sides, Ares behind me.

But as soon as I was going to walk into my room, a roar echoed from the other side of the corridor.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!"

It was Antonio.

Quickly throwing a look towards Ares, whose face was scrunched up in annoyance, we ran towards the direction. Antonio's condition had been very delicate and vulnerable. Totally dependent upon others, he had been a total mess.

None of his men had survived when Benjamin's second in command attacked his mansion in Italy, and those who did, switched sides when that motherfucker showed them how brutally they had treated Antonio. He had lost everything and everyone.

Everyone, except Mark.

"What happened?" I asked darkly, as soon as I saw Antonio's hand wrapped around a nurse's throat and she was getting choked badly.

The nurse's frame stiffened at my voice and Antonio threw her away, as soon as his eyes collided with mine. Sinking down on the floor she coughed vigorously, taking deep breaths and tried to massage her badly bruised throat. She was dressed in one of the most tightest uniform someone can ever wear.

"Thank God you are here Boss. Please get her away from me. She is harassing me!" Antonio said raucously, throwing a disgusting glance at the nurse.

Her uniform was way too slutty.

Sitting on the wheelchair for most of the time can be quite exasperating, especially when you could not even do the simplest task on his own. His body and face was still bruised.

Clicking his tongue in annoyance Ares grumbled out, "Huh! Don't play the victim here. You asked for a change in nurse. Now suffer."

3 weeks ago when Antonio woke up, his first words were, 'Fiona was working for Benjamin.' The way his voice shook, it was evident that betrayal had hit him hard. But his most gruesome loss was his baby. The baby Fiona carried was his, but she declared it as collateral damage.

The baby surely had been aborted by now.

Mark told me, how deeply Antonio loved Fiona and the baby. And now, he loathed even the sight of any girl. Melissa had been trying to take care of him being his nurse. But he always snapped at her, or tried to push her away whenever she was tending to his needs.

4 days ago, Antonio literally pushed Melissa away so hard that she got a cut on her forehead.
Ares being the protective brother, punched Antonio even though he was in a very delicate condition. Ares never tolerated any harm that had touched his loved ones. He had forbid Melissa to work as a nurse for Antonio.

Even Mark was disappointed at Antonio at his behaviour. Though he didn't say it, it was evident how he walked away with Ares and Melissa, leaving Antonio alone in his room.

Melissa was the best nurse here, that's why I assigned her. Cause Antonio deserved the best. But after Melllissa this was the 3rd time, Antonio was demanding a change.

"Boss, I don't need anyone to take care of myself."

Antonio said in a low but deadly tone, throwing a glare at the nurse, who ran away like a flash as soon as he looked at her, with his vicious gaze.