Chapter 47

[WARNING : Has violent depictions of cruelty. Read with caution, or avoid if easily triggered.]

-: SARAH :-

You are worthless ...

That voice, that same voice whispered noiselessly, from behind me. I gasped out lowly, but didn't turn my head this time. Cause I knew, there was no one behind me except the same gloomy concrete wall.

"No, I am not ... and I know that. You can't turn me into a lunatic. I won't let you," I gritted, pressing my palms to my ears to stop the voices.

And it stopped ... but only for time being. Every now and then, I had been hearing this random voices whispering from all around the room, trying to discourage me and pull me down.

During the first few encounters I was appalled, and had blared out soo loudly that a few guards had entered the room hastily with alarmed expressions, thinking my water had broken and I was about to deliver a premature baby.

But after hearing the same voice quite a few times, I concluded that they were just in my head. They weren't real, and it was trying to unnerve me.

I wasn't chained to the wall anymore, because Benjamin was sure I didn't have the strength in me anymore, to push myself on my feet. My legs had turned jelly, and due to the lack of proper amount of food and water, my health was also detoriating.

I hadn't seen him in a long time, and I was happy for that. Draven would come from time to time, to give me a piece of bread with some pickles and a jar of water. Sometimes, a piece of boiled chicken breast. He would barely talk and would stare at me so coldly, that I would push myself into the wall, to hide my body.

Chase never wanted you, it was just for the baby he kept you around ...

That same malicious voice hissed again and I turned my head to the left. A woman was sitting beside me, her eyes blank and fixed on the floor, with a baby on her lap.

I quickly huffed out an agitated breath and shook my head, clamping shut my eyes.

'This isn't real, this isn't real' I chanted the same mantra for about thirty seconds, to keep my sanity at bay. This wasn't new ... I had been seeing her for a few days. Same place, same face and same posture. I didn't know who she was, but she would appear out of nowhere, whisper something to me and would vanish into thin air.

When I opened my eyes after a few seconds, she had disappeared, and I was alone again in the chamber.

The dim room was cold, and I was thankful for the dress that was covering me. It was sweaty, dirty and a mess, but atleast my body was still concealed from those evil men's disgusting gazes.

Leaning the back of my head on the wall, my eyes fell shut. I wanted to dive deep in a slumber permanently, if that could save me from this nightmare.

Why wasn't Chase coming? Had he given up on me? If not, why was he taking so much time?

I wrapped my hands around my frame, and pulled my legs more closer to my chest, tucking my head in between my knees, although my big belly wasn't allowing me to curl too much. My palms were itching, so I scratched it with my nails. A heavy feeling started building in my chest, as I tried to breath.