Chapter 39

SARAH

-: The previous night :-

She is just a fucking surrogate.

The words kept ringing in my ears as I stumbled backwards. My mind became numb and my surrounding blurred out.

"Ma'am!" Lily grasped my body and I looked back at her. Her face was scrunched into sympathetic look and she was looking at me and the locked door again and again.

Yes, I didn't hear it wrong. Those words were indeed uttered by him. He called me a fucking surrogate.

Tears polled up in my eyes, and I swallowed down a painful lump in my throat. How could he??

So he was feigning everything. The affections, the kisses, the tender care, the love filled glances. Everything was flase? He was playing with my emotions from the first day?

I sniffled and exhaled a shallow breath, tears were running down my cheek and I didn't bother to wipe them away. Bringing a shaky hand to my mouth I tried to control my breathing. But the pain was too much, and my chest tightened.

"Lily, you can go," I ordered her in a stern voice. I didn't want her to encounter my pathetic condition, for which I was myself responsible.

"No ma'am, let my take you to room. You don't loo...."

"Leave!" I snapped at her in rage. She flinched at my tone, and scampered away. I could feel my emotions toppling outside of my mind, as I tried a swallow a scream that was threatening to break it's way through my throat.

My stomach churned violently and I tried to gasp for breath. This was too much for me to take. The person whom I love was just using me, only for the purpose of a baby. And he was not even honest with his intentions.

I entered my room silently as shadow.

Unnoticed, unobserved. I wouldn't cry anymore. I could not blame anyone. It was all my fault.

How could I make the blunder of falling for a monster? How could I expect him to love me in the same way as I did? He manipulated me to believe that he actually care for me, love me, understand me, when all he thought of me was just a fucking surrogate.

My mind was full of questions. How could he say that? I had dependent on him, trusted him despite all the wrong that he had done to me.

My meal had been kept in my room but I had lost my all my appetite. In fact I felt like puking, whatever I had eaten earlier. My eyes fell on the medicines that was kept on the bedside table.

Chase never forgot to remind me to take my medicines. I placed my hand on my bulging stomach, walked towards the table, grabbed the packet, crumbled it and threw it outside the window.

Exhaustion wa as taking it's tool on me. I rested my little figure on the pillow and gazed aimlessly at the wall. My vision got blurred. My mind was flooded with memories; memories of me and Chase.

Images of me being kidnapped, Max being shot, my first meeting with Chase, that unknown attraction towards him, his initial arrogance, his care for me, his possessiveness for me, and the baby flashed in front of my eyes like a slideshow. Was it all drama? Can life be thus cruel?