Chapter 45

-: SARAH :-

Fear would be an understatement regarding how I was feeling right now. My limbs trembled in horror. My heart was clutched by an invisible force, squeezing it painfully. Nausea hit me and my stomach churned violently. Benjamin Kavanagh was not only evil, but inhuman.

How could anyone speak about wringing the neck of a new born baby!?

Pushing himself on his feet, he towered over me with a whopping height, and Rocco handed him over the rope connected to my leash. I staggered back and gasped at the intensity of his dark aura. This place was cold, dark and dingy. And this man infront of me was he manifestation of brutishness.

"Rocco, bring her food," he clipped in his edgy tone and Rocco disappeared behind the door. I tried to eye the door, but the darkness of the room was so consuming, it was of no use.

"Don't try to step out of the door. You won't like it," Benjamin hissed in my face, and I stumbled back on instinct. The strong pull on my collar was the constant reminder of the situation I was in and it scared me to my bones.

"Why?" I murmured, trying to gauge the circumstances. I had to know my surrounding to survive at this hell hole. Only God knew how I managed to utter those words out.

He chuckled out darkly, and a shudder went down my body. It was full of sinister intentions.

"You will get to know that soon."

Soon came much quicker than I expected. The door banged open and Rocco sauntered in, with three bowls in his hand. But that's not what froze my blood. It was the two huge dogs which trodded behind him, growling. Their body was massive and their sharp canines were beared at me.

I gasped out and my feet wobbled. Fear wasn't even close to how I felt, I was petrified to my core. They were the most dangerous dog breeds. Irish wolf hound and Pit Bull Terrier. Both the dogs glowered at me fiercely, growling lowly.

Benjamin sat back on his chair, and motioned the dogs towards him. My face contorted in horror, and my legs were ready to run for the hills, when the chilling words from Benjamin made me immobile.

"One step, and I would release my best fighters on you." My steps halted and my pulse quickened. The hair at the back of my neck stood in attention as both of them leaped towards us.

But instead of attacking me, which I thought they would, the dogs scampered towards Benjamin, sitting near his foot on both sides.

My eyes raked over the ferocious beasts and their master. At that time he looked nothing but the deadly, evil and notorious Don, he was infamous for.

"Rocco, food," he clipped and Rocco kept three bowls on the floor side by side. Both the dogs' eyes darted towards the bowls, but they didn't move an inch from their place.

Why did he bring three bowls, when there was only two dogs?

"Bandit, Cobra, go!" He patted the dogs head and they leaped towards their bowls, tearing at the raw meet. I shrieked out and eyed them suspiciously, taking a few steps away from them. One of them had a hole in his perky ears and the other had his tail missing.

My eyes darted back towards Benjamin and his malicious eyes glowered back at me. He had an purpose to bring them in. What was that?

"Wilson, have your food." As I was trying to gauge his intentions, Benjamin's words registered in my brain and my eyes widened. He was motioning towards the one single bowl, which was still left untouched by Bandit and Cobra.