Chapter 21 ✔️

CHASE

Striding inside the medical room, I laid down the unconscious figure of Sarah on the bed, gently making sure that she doesn't gets hurt anyway.

The intensity of the slap was enough to shake me to the core, and I was numb for the time she yelled at me. Insulting me, with her doe like eyes shining brightly. The fire blazed in them.

But as soon as she pushed me away, my trance broke, and I was amazed at her feisty self. The slap didn't hurt me at all, and I felt a little bad too for touching her in places without her permission.

Okey! Who am I kidding to?! I don't feel bad at all, for touching her. She is my woman, for time being, and I have every right to touch her.

But I wouldn't touch her next time, as long as she doesn't allow me. She would, soon. It was only a matter of time, before she would accept me and I wouldn't need to force her.

I wanted to keep her safe by my side. Maybe it was a small obsession, for time being, or she had impressed me enough to keep her, for now.

Only for now? Reconsider it.

I rolled my eyes at my inner self. I didn't know this feelings. The only thing I knew was, I wanted her, and I wouldn't let her leave, not unless she satisfies this inner urge in me. It was not only lust, but something, I had no idea off.

Lexi hastily entered the room, with stethoscope wrapped in her neck. Stopping infront of her, she gently raised her wrist to check the pulse, gazing at her wrist watch.

After a minute she sighed, and gently let go of her wrist. Scowling, she turned at me and threw daggers through her eyes, glaring at me.

"What?" I asked, innocently, like a child.

Innocent and me? Huh! Surely the definition of innocent had changed

"I told you not to give her any kind of stress," she sneered at me.

"I didn't. Infact I gave her something which should have made her happy, but..."

"Why the hell did she faint then?"

"Thats your job to find out Lexi," I stated and sat on the nearby chair.

She sighed and looked back at her, and so did I.

"The results of the ultrasonography I performed to check her uterus, had came two days back, and I was just going to inform you today, that we can start the procedure from tomorrow."

That brought a natural smile to my face, and I nodded, my eyes still fixed on her still form.

I would punish her for the slap she gave. But it would be the most sweetest punishment, anyone can get. Even imagining the situation when I would punish her, tightened my groin. My lips curled up in my natural smirk.

After waiting for almost 15 minutes Sarah stirred and fluttered opened her eyes. I jumped up from my seat and was by her side within a second.

She whimpered and creased her eyebrows, in irritation, and I couldn't help but admire her cute form.

But as soon as her eyes opened, Lexi pushed me away and gently helped her to sit up.