Chapter 1 ✔️

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

CHASE

Taking a sip of my whiskey, I put the glass back on the table. My eyes shifted to the corner of the room where Ares was standing, slightly leaning on the wall. His arms crossed on his chest, and eyes down. His face was serious, too serious for my liking. That fucker was a crazy bastard and if he was being serious, then the matter wasn't something to be taken lightly.

And I knew that very well. He wasn't someone to be taken for granted.

I glanced at my watch. It was exactly 9:27 pm. Three minutes still left before his arrival. I took another swig of my whiskey and leaned back on my chair. Looking up at the ceiling, I recalled the moment when he called.

We owe him a favour because he saved Ares once, during a mob war. Ares was still a teenager at that time and very reckless. He wanted to prove himself and almost lost his life. It was his gang members who protected Ares. But he was a cunning asshole. He knew how to take advantage of the situation, and how to play innocent when time came.. That's why the government was still unaware of the crimes he has committed.

A harsh knock resonated throughout the room. Ares stood up straight and tried to walk up to the door. But as soon as I raised my hand, he stopped.

"Come in," I said in a deep voice.

The door opened quietly and Draven walked in, followed by none other than him.

The guards assigned outside the room closed the door, as he took the seat in front of me, on the chair across the table.

His posture was stiff and I saw the slightly nervous look on his face, though he was trying to keep his face empty. He didn't have any weapon, as he was searched before entering my mansion. I was sure of the fact that...

He was afraid of me, and he should be too.

I'm Death itself, and he should fear me.

"It's nice to see you after a long time, Chase Morgan," he said trying to appear brave. I kept my poker face.

Looking straight into his eyes, I replied, "I wish I could say the same."

He let out a humourless chuckle. But I knew he wasn't someone to joke around with.

"Now, can we start the meeting Axel?" I replied in a dangerously calm voice. Draven and Ares, who were standing in the corner of the room, took their positions behind me.

They were my brothers, not my blood but by destiny.

"Straight to business, I see," Axel said trying to mock, but I kept my neutral face.

Realising the situation, that nobody was paying attention to his idiotic statements, he sat up straight.

"I'm here to ask back the favour you owe me; or specifically if I say, Ares owes me," Axel replied in a serious voice.

I clenched my fist that was resting below my chin. My elbow was propped up on the arm of the chair. I knew it, he wasn't here to discuss something trivial, and if he was asking his favour back now, after so many years it only meant one thing. That favour, could put our lives in danger, as he was powerful enough to easily solve petty matters. His asking the favour back now, meant he wanted us to deal with someone he couldn't take care on his own.