Chapter 22 ✔️

SARAH

I sauntered on the hallway, with my novel in my hand, going to the forest.

"Walk slow, Sarah. Whats the hurry?" Keven said, from behind.

I looked back at him, giving an annoying look, but his face was blank, with a small smile on his lips.

"Its enough Keven. Leave me alone. Doesn't your body need some rest?"

"I'm fine. Moreover I like being with you," Keven replied, wiggling his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and turned back, continuing my venture.

"Just tell the truth, that you are doing your job."

"That too." He chuckled.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. It was irritating when someone always followed you. Twelve days had passed, since Lexi did that, to my vagina, and since then everyone was behaving more weirdly.

Keven had been assigned to be with me 24/7. Even he staed outside my room, at night. I offered him to sleep on the couch in my room, but his reply was, 'If boss finds out, he will kill me.'

Even Diana and Melissa was behaving strangely. From time to time they would bring me different kinds of fruits, stating, 'It's good for you.'

Diana was even helping me to take bath. This was annoying. I could perfectly take care of myself. I was not a baby, and I don't like it when someone treats me like a Queen.

And then, Mr. Almighty. I so badly wished to beat the shit out of him.

From time to time, whenever we came across, he would always leave a teasing touch. Be it on my lower back, or leaving a small kiss on my nape, or holding my wrist, but he always had to touch me.

Two days back, he specifically ordered me to sit beside him during lunch. And when I did, he inched his hand inside my dress and held my thigh. I slapped his hand away many times, but all in vain.

He would give me his sexy smirk, and would grab it more firmly.

"Hey Keven?" I called out.

No reply.

This was unusual of Keven. I turned back to see, Keven standing, with his hands crossed on his chest, deep in thought.

"Keven?" I called out again, but he was engrossed in something.

I slightly touched his shoulder to shake him, when his trance broke.

He shook his head and blinked. Looking at me, he gave a sheepish look.

"What happened? You look lost," I said.

"Amara is returning." He replied.

"Your sister!?"

He nodded, his eyebrows furrowed.

"That's such an amazing news," I exclaimed out.