Chapter 28 ✔️

CHASE

Taking her wrist in my grip, I gently brushed her knuckles. She had chubby hands but now, it had got thin. Sarah was loosing herself. Her condition was detoriating and I didn't know what to do.

She had not opened her eyes. The last anxiety attack she had was way too difficult for me to control, and Melissa had to give her anasthesia to make her sleep.

Lexi said that her encounter with Benjamin triggered those painful memories which she kept buried down in her brain, and this was the result of it.

It had been 3 weeks and I practically felt useless. My hands were tied and I couldn't do anything to help her out of it. She had to be conscious for me to talk her out, but the only time I had seen her eyes opened was when she got anxiety attacks in her sleep and I tried to console her. She was not waking up in normal state for me to help her.

I talked to Lexi and she said sleep was her body's defence mechanism. She in a way, was in coma. But she can be pulled out of this. She can hear us speak but was unable to react. I tried to talk to her, a lot. Telling her about our every little memory, our first kiss, even about our time in cottage. But that wasn't enough to bring her out.

I had not stepped out of this room even for a minute for the last 3 weeks. Whenever I needed to take bath or use washroom, I mase sure Melissa stay with Sarah. I knew I was not doing my duties, but Sarah was important to me, than my duties. Ares and Keven had been taking proper care of every little thing but they weren't enough. They weren't brought up to be the ruler, I was. So it was difficult for them to handle my job.

I kept my eyes fixed at her fragile form, and dropped down a kiss on her temple. She was never one of those women, who had tiny waist and toned thighs. Rather she had always been a foodie, with that tiny bulgy tummy, and chubby cheeks, curves at perfect places for me to hold. I had always adored her. She was different and I craved difference.

But now when I looked at her, her cheeks had sunken and she had lost soo much weight. Her infectious smile was replaced with furrowed eyebrows and it seemed like a frown had been permanently plastered to her face.

I swallowed down a lump and sat up. Her tiny pale fingers still intertwined with my callused tanned ones.

"Boss."

I snapped my head back when I heard a voice.

Keven.

Turning my head back I looked back at Sarah.

"What do you want Keven?" I asked, my voice edged with anger.

He didn't come to visit her, not even once, for this 3 weeks. Today was his first time. Sarah had always considered Keven a true friend, and I was mad at him, for not visiting her. She atleast deserved a visit from him.

"I came to see her," Keven said meekly.

I didn't turn my eyes back to look at him, clenching my jaw, silently telling him to get lost. My gaze was fixed at her and I saw how her forehead was furrowing, her frown deepening. Gently tucking her loose strands behind her ears, I rubbed the little frown off her face.

When I sensed that he was still present in the room, I slightly turn my face towards him, and said, "Get lost Keven! I don't want you here."