Chapter 52

-: 3rd Person POV :-

I shivered in dread as her painful cries echoed all around the hallway. My steps stalled at the intensity of her voice.

The guilt in my heart pressed me down as I clutched my chest, taking a deep breath. With every passing day it was getting difficult for me to stay here. Seeing here crying, woeing, mourning was the biggest punishment for me, for my betrayal.

I had no idea where Victoria was anymore, where Axel was. But one thing J was fucking ecstatic about was Benjamin's capture. He made Sarah go through hell. But a far worse fate was waiting for him as soon as Boss will be sure that Sarah was somewhat stable.

For now, it was all chaotic in the mansion. Every living breathing second was passing in anticipation, of how Sarah would react to this and that. Would she ever be able to become how she was. The fact that I was a part, even though tiny, but still a part of her becoming miserable was weighing me down everyday, every minute, every second.

I didn't dare to meet her. No male had, except Boss. He was the only one at whom Sarah wasn't freaking out.

"Hey." A hand touched my shoulder and I whirled around, my heartbeat raising. This was something I had developed recently. Paranoia. Being caught for what I did. Melissa gave me a confused smile as I swallowed down spit, touching my forehead.

"I didn't see you on the dinner table. Are you okay?" she aksed and I just nodded, not in the mood to speak with anyone.

The fact that Sarah's baby was dead was another reason guilt was slicing me half from inside. I was the one to blame. I got her baby killed to know the whereabout of my baby. But now both were gone. One dead, and the other missing.

I walked away from Melissa, not knowing where I was going. My steps halted in front of the room where Sarah was currently staying in. Her room.

Two female guards were standing by the door, their eyes vigilant and trained at me. Boss had ordered them not to let any man near the room. Not even Andrew. But I wasn't a fool to even try to talk to her.

She might wouldn't recognise me, and even if she did manage to, it would be too late before Boss barges in and shoot me dead.

Giving a last lingering look at the door, I tettered away ... out of the mansion. The sun was going down the horizon as I stepped inside my car and roared the engine to live. May be I should go back where it all started. I would not find her there, but that place brought me some peace.

**********

-: Sarah :-

'Who was sitting there?' My eyes narrowed down at the corner of the room. A woman was sitting there, gazing at me. Who was she? And was that ... ? I gasped silently as she stood up and maneuvered towards me, a baby in her arms wrapped in a blue blanket.

"You see him, Sarah dear?" she asked, leaning down slightly to come in eyes level with me. I nodded unsure how to react to that stranger in my room. My mouth gaped as I saw the baby's tiny little hands going up in air, making grabby movements. Tears swarmed in my eyes.

"You wanna hold him?" she asked, her voice slowly fading away as my eyes hooked at the baby. Of course I wanted to, so I nodded