Chapter 43 (Part I)

CHASE

Stepping out of my car, I rove my eyes upon the huge structure of my mansion. Being back to my own city felt so freshing. But what I was more anticiapting was Sarah's reaction to my oversoon arrival. It was still early in the morning and I wasnt supposed to come back until tonight. But I had finished my work earlier, so without waiting another day I decided to come back.

Ares stood behind me with a sulking look, and disheveled hair. He was hella tired due to lack of sleep and jetlag.

"I am gonna sleep for the rest of the day," he whined and rubbed his eyes, stifling a yawn.

Shaking my head at his grublimg behaviour, I strode into the mansion, my nerves on fire. My heart was pounding in my chest with excitement. My blood roaring in my veins frenziedly.

"I do think that I should give this pills to Sarah. She is suffering enough. And I'm sure Chase can't do anything about. Atleast not right now." Lexi's voice reach my ears and I halted in my steps. She was taking to someone on the phone, her back to me.

I narrowed my eyes at the mention of Sarah's and my name, and decided to stay mute for time-being.

"Yeah, I know thats not a solution. But can you suggest something else?" Lexi huffed, threwing her hand in her hand in air in exaggeration.

I tilted my head in curiosity, my eyebrows furrowing in snoopiness. What the hell was going on here? I had been away from merely 3 days, and Sarah was already is some sort of trouble.

"But you don't understand! They didn't have sex yet!" Lexi screeched out, jumping down from the coach and massaging her nape.

My eyes widened at her words and my temper flared. Why the fuck was she taking about my sex life to someone!? And how the fuck she even knew that Sarah and I didn't have sex yet.

I sauntered upto her with heavy steps and the moment she sensed someone coming, she whirled back with a stratled face. As soon as her orbs connected with mine, her eyes widened and she took a step back at the ferocity of my glare that was directed at her.

"I will talk to you later!" She quickly disconnected the call and gave me a tight lipped fake smile, fidgeting with her sleeves end.

"Explain. Now," I snipped. Clenching my jaw, I tried to keep the anger at bay. This wasn't a fucking joke. She had no right to openly discuss my sex life with anyone.

Cocking one of my eyebrows I motioned her to start speaking. She was taking too much time, rubbing her sweaty hands on her skirt, and looking at the door again and again, as if someone would appear out of nowhere from the door and save her from me.

"Lexi, I am not a patient man. You better start speaking before I loose my calm," I growled lowly. Her eyes widened and she heaved a sigh.

"I wanted to recommend a kind of pill to Sarah."

My curiosity heightened.

"What kind of pills?" I clipped.

"Antiaprodisiac," she mumbled, her head dipped low.

As soon as the word registered in my brain, I lost my shit. I felt a stab of anger pass through me. Rage had gripped my throat as I sauntered towards Lexi, and grabbed her shoulders. She shrieked out but before she could realise her position, I rattled her. "How dare you suggest this kind of thing to her!?" Fury seized me.

"Chase calm down!"

"No, answer me right fucking now!" I howled out, my nostrils flaring.

"I don't have an option okay!" she yelled out. Pushing her way out from my grasp she took a few steps back and scowled at me, taking deep breaths.