Chapter 27 ✔️

KEVEN

The grunting of my mates echoed in the gym, with the constant bam of punches, exchanged between each other. The anger and rage that was flowing through their veins was visible in their hard training. Their disability in protecting their home was evident on their face.

They had turned lethal and murderous. Their King had been threatened by the murderer of the former Queen, which was enough to erupt a burning lava into their blood. They were hungry for revenge. We wanted blood. Blood of that fucking traitor, who turned his back on us, who dared to betray his King, who broke the loyalty code.

Draven.

We were a family, we considered him as our brother. Our King considered him a brother, after Ares. But he joined our enemies. Very few get the title Morgan, after working for the King of Kings of Underworld, and that crazy motherfucking idiot lost his.

What made me more mad was Benjamin had conquered Italy. Antonio was no more the leader of Italy. It was currently under Benjamin's rule. We took our enemy for granted, and it resulted in lethal looses.

"Keven!"

I stopped striking the punching bag, huffing and puffing, my jaw clenching in anger. I didn't want to stop, nobody wanted to stop. It was our way of punishing us. Heavy and hard exercise, and deadly training. We would fight and hurt each other until and unless every muscle of our body turned sore, until our muscles tighten and refused to work.

"Keven that's enough!" Ares roared and turned me back, when I tried to continue my kick-boxing training.

"No that's not! We failed Ares! Do you understand!? We. Failed. And I won't stop unless and until I bleed. I need to smell blood. We all want that, we all are hungry for his blood. But we can't get it now, so we will have to quench our thirst for the time being with our one's."

Bam!

A solid punch landed on my jaw and my trance broke. My neck snapped on the other side with the intensity of the punch, and I tasted the coppery flavor of blood coming out of my mouth. Rage sweeped within my veins, and the gym turned deadly silent.

Spitting out the blood, I turned my head back furiously, sweat trickling down my body, and I cracked my bloody knuckles.

Ares face was looking deadly. An angry vein had popped out on his forehead and a muscle on his jaw ticked. His fists curled up in rage, and the knuckles were looking more white. He was breathing heavily, and looked like a time bomb, who was waiting to be blasted. One wrong move, and he would beat me down to shit.

Well, I wasn't the one to back down. Raising my fists I was ready to attack him, when he took a step back, but his demeanour didn't change. He was still looking very much fatal.

"I, am ordering you all, to finish this session. Right. Fucking. Now!" He snarled in his blaring voice.

"You are no one to order us!" I responded, my voice equally ear-splitting.

"Yes I am! In the absence of that fucking traitor Draven, where Antonio is lying on his death bed, Mark had refused to leave his side, and Boss can't attain us, because he is busy with his woman, it's me who is in charge!" He said vehemently, his eyes throwing dagger at all of us, who was present in the gym.