Chapter 9 ✔️

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

SARAH

"Oh my Gosh! Stop already, You are killing me."

I tried to breath as my stomach was paining from laughing from the last 30 minutes. Laying on the grass, I clutched my stomach and tried to sit up but failed as Keven added another joke trying to make me die from laughing.

"And then she is like 'But Keven, I thought we love each other'!" He said in a high pitched girl's voice and it felt so comical coming from a man of his size. I mean a skilled assassin who was so deadly in looks was joking like that.

"Can you believe it Sarah! I literally just asked her the way to a shop and she stucked to me like an octopus when it grabs a human face"

Imagining it made me laugh harder and I fell out of breath huffing and puffing.

"You are hilarious Keven. Why are you even here? You should work in a comedy show."I told him, breathing hard, lying on grass clutching my stomach.

This was the first time I was laughing so heartedly after stepping foot in Mr. Almighty's mansion. It felt so good to laugh your heart out. As if we had nothing to worry about in our life.

"Well I would love to Senorita, but I have to make sure the boss doesn't shoot my ass. I'm born in this world and brought up here. I can't just be a traitor and leave this place. I have mafia blood in my veins, you know," he said with a small smile with a longing in his eyes. May be he wanted a different life if the situations were different.

"You know looking for your happiness and choosing your life according to your wishes doesn't make you a traitor. Sometimes we have to be selfish for our own happiness."

He gave me a warm smile and replied back with a very grateful tone, "Thank you Sarah,I really like your perspective of life. But I love my position. Boss trusts me and that is enough for me. This is my life now, to protect the Capo and to serve my family."

I nodded and smiled looking at the sky. Closing me eyes, I took a deep breath and smiled when I felt serene.

"Moreover I can't disappoint her." I heard Keven mumbling.

"Who?"

"My sister" Keven said.

I sat up and asked eagerly, "You have a sister? That's so nice. What does she do? Where is she? Does she live here?!"

"Woah, woah, woah! Calm your ti... I mean slow down. At least give me a second to reply," he said sitting in a mocking surrender manner.

I smiled sheepishly and he told me that his sister is also one of Chase's made women. Most of the time Chase send her for secret missions and she had never failed in one. She was out on one of her missions for a long time now. She never stays in the Mansion more than 2 - 3 days that's why very less people know her.

"So, she raised you up?" I asked.

"Yup! She is my best friend, mother, sister, supporter, mentor anything you say. She is the anchor of my life"

"Wow, I really want to meet her once."

He nodded and stood up. I was looking around. We are at the back side of the Villa. This mansion is so big and not to forget it was surrounded by forest. No matter how far I try to see, there were only trees. As the backyard was connected to the main forest through a gravel path, it wasn't difficult to come. I mean I won't be lost.