Chapter 30

CHASE

Restraining myself, seeing her naked was the hardest thing I had ever done in my life. Being the leader of the Underworld, I had enormous self control, cause sometimes we had to deal with many things with lot of patience and cunningness.

But when she was standing in front of me in that form, it was hard.

Damn-fucking-hard.

But I had vowed to protect her, and to have her back. I promised to take care of her, and now it was my duty to abide by my promises.

The moment I looked at her beautiful crystal blue orbs, the world stopped around me. The moment seized. Nothing else mattered to me other than her. They were so exquisitely beautiful that I couldn't bring myself to break our eye contact. A deep ocean which was lurking me in and I won't hesitate to drown in them. Hundreds of emotions were swirling through her eyes, prominently insecurity, vulnerability and trust.

Her enormous faith in me. I couldn't bring myself to break that.

And I didn't, I didn't break her belief which she had on me. She was beautiful, way in and out. And the day I saw her, I promised myself to take care of her, to protect her and to support her. She had seeped her way in my veins and now she resided within my system.

"Urgh! Why is this so difficult!?" Sarah grumbled, scrunching her nose and pouting her lips adorably.

I propped up my chin on my elbow, which was just beside her drawing sheet and looked at her keenly. She was chewing the pencil from time to time, and was furrowing her eyebrow, trying to draw random circles on a piece of paper, struggling not to overlap one another.

"It's not. You are just too impatient," I stated, my lips automatically curling into a small smile, just at the sight of her.

She looked at me, jutting her chin up, and biting her lower lip, with puppy eyes.

"No, this isn't going to work. You have to learn how to draw circles properly or we can't proceed further," I said, shaking my head negatively.

"But why do I need to know all this? I mean, they are just random circles. Everyone can draw a circle," she exclaimed out, throwing her hands in the air.

"And here, yet you can't."

She let out a sigh of frustration and banged her head softly in the table.

She was honestly the most adorable sight.

We had been sitting here for 2 hours, trying to make Sarah draw a sheet full of circles. Once she will be done with that, I would teach her to draw straight lines and curvy ones. I mean, these are the basis ones, and she had to know all this.

Bringing her here was the biggest distraction I could had provided for time being. Painting was her hobby and I know that it was one of her biggest dream to paint a picture, she would draw herself.

The last time she was here, I told her that she could draw the masterpiece of our life, and that was exactly what I wanted now.

Oh how the tables had turned. I literally threw her out of the cottage that day, even after she helped me. It took everything is me that day, to do what I did. I didn't want to, but I had to for her sake.