Chapter 43 (Part II)

-: Flashback continuing :-

Chase's throat clogged up when his fuzzy brain registered the bloody prints on the pathway of the farmhouse. Shoving Luca away, he almost staggered into the farm, when Luca held his shoulder to prevent him from entering.

"What the fuck are you doing!?" Chase's temper sparked. His mother was in danger, and his cousin was stopping him.

"Calm down Chase! We can't just barge in there. We have no idea how many people are waiting inside for us to step in, so that they can shoot us," he snarled lowly, trying not to gain amy unwanted attention from the intruders.

Chase stopped thrashing in Luca's grasp and he let him free. Breathing heavily, he threaded his fingers through his hair, tugging on them. His gut wrenched when bizzare thoughts started running in his head, about his mother being harmed or injured.

"Boss, here." Draven handed them over their guns. Luca tucked one in his holster and so did Chase.

Clasping a gun each on their hands, the three prowled into the premises, tiptoeing their way in. It was dark inside, no sign of fracas atleast on the foyer.

Dread coiled around Chase's heart as be accessed the situation he was in. Due to the drugs and alcohol, he wasn't stable enough. Two guards were already dead. Only Hades was probably inside with his mom. Chase hoped that Hades wasn't dead and had protected Aurora.

He tried to keep his eyes vigilant, but his head was spinning. The drug and alcohol were taking a toll on him. He shook his head to clear his vision, but a wave of nausea hit him and he stumbled. Draven quickly stabilised him, and Luca tried to look around for the switch board when soft low light illuminated the whole space.

Chase had to squint due to the sudden intrusion. His eyes were sensitive to light due to the drugs. But when his vision cleared after a few seconds dread settled in his heart, and his pulse quickened at the sight in front of him.

His mom, the Aurora Morgan was sitting on the floor on her knees, tears running down her cheek. But that's not what made his blood boil in this veins. It was her condition.

Her face was badly bruised, one black eye and split lip. Dried blood was visible near her chin, hair disheveled. A piece of cloth was stuffed into her mouth and her arms were slashed open with a knife, which were tied behind her. Blood was still flowing down ber wounds.

"Mom!" Chase howled out in agony, and tried to run towards her. But the moment he took one step, 2 pair of hands swaddled around him and pushed him down on the floor, making him immobile.

"Boss!" Before Draven could rescue him, something hard hit the back of his head. His vision swarmed and inexplicable pain spread through his skull. He stumbled down on the ground beside Chase and clutched his head, passing out due to the strike.

Chase gritted his teeth and tried to unclasp himself out of the men's grasp when a harsh voice resonated in the entire room.

"Settle down boy, a lot is left to unfold." Chase's face snapped towards the man whom he just noticed. His face was still not visible due to low light, but he was wearing a black suit and a rifle in his hands.