Chapter 42

(Loooooooong chapter. Hope you like it!)

CHASE

The silence in the air was thick as fog, and tension, as sharp as a knife. His knuckles drummed against the table, a clear indication of nervousness. My eyes were harsh as it settled on Adrian, as he cleared his throat and gulped down the entire glass of scotch.

This boy was way too young to be the consigliree of Amsterdam. His father, Gabriel Meijer was too eager to involve him in mob life. At the age of 15, Adrian already had taken the blood oath and was under training of Gabriel.

"Boss, this is ridiculous. We aren't here to entertain a boy," Ares whispered from behind me, where he was standing for the last 10 minutes.

"Mr. Morgan!" A high pitched srieked sounded in the room and my cold eyes snapped towards Adrian, my fingers already on my gun.

His eyes were widened as he hold out his hand in front of him in surrender. My face was blank but Ares already had his gun pointed at the little boy.

"Why the hell did you yell, little lad!?" Ares roared out his eyes cruel in rage. The boy shivered under our scrutiny but didn't let his eyes waver.

"Ares," I signalled him to lower down his gun and looked back ar Adrian. He was brave, I had to give him that. Or else, how was he sitting in front of the Capo of Ndrangheta alone? However he was still a member of the mafia and he needed to toughen up more. He was way too jumpy and let his emotions out.

"What is it?" I asked, my voice cold and ruthless.

Adrian swallowed thickly and opened his mouth. "Father said he would be here soon. The person who wanted to have a special meeting with you, is apparently caught by cops and that's why they are getting a little late."

I shook my head and kept my face blank. This was our last day at Amsterdam and tomorrow we would be ruturning home. I had 2 meetings with the Underboss of Marseille and the Captain of Lyon on the first day, and it went for more than 7 hours. They had been facing a lot of problems regarding the trade route though Paris for smuggled arms. France wasn't under my territory as a whole. The other Capo, Danielle Bisset, was a true French mob boss, and he would create problems every now to throw Underboss of Marseille, Michele Dubois, down from power. Fortunately he was really powerful and cunning, to be defeated so easily. On the top of that he had my support, so overthrowing Michele was an impossible task for Daniele.

Michele had already killed more than 100 soldiers of Daniele, but he was a stubborn fucker. Daniele just didn't knew when to give up.

Yesterday, me and Ares had to go to the famous hotel Redstone, to meet the Captain of Bern. The resturant and hotels which were under his protections had also been perused by the Turkish mafia, so I needed to made a threat call to him. A call from Capo to Capo. Two men of high honour. It was only after I threatened him, he agreed to let go of Switzerland for the time being.

I looked back a my watch. 15 minutes late. Gabriel had to be kidding me. I leaned down on the couch little, but my muscles were tensed and face, cold. My jaw twitched when finally after 2 minutes a small knock resonated in the room and I signalled Adrian to open the door.

Two pair of legs entered the private room of the club and I dragged my eyes up towards them. Gabriel Meijer, the Underboss of Netherland and another man behind me. His body was covered in tatoos, nose and eyebrow piereched. He was wearing a ripped jeans and denim jacket, street style.