Chapter 26 (Part I) ✔️

SARAH

My eyes slowly fluttered open, but I had to shut them again due to the electric pain that shot through my head. Groaning in agony I sat up, and looked here and there, trying to find out where I was. The room was pitch black and my stinging eyes were not helping either.

With great difficulty I stood up on the ground, but instantly felt dizzy. Closing my eyes again, I waited for a minute for the dizzy felling to pass away. After a minute I was okay, so I started walking with my hands infront of me, tring to feel the switch board or a door.

Where was I?

Like a blind person I walked, touching here and there, trying to feel something, but my hands got in contact with nothing. As if the place was totally empty. The air was cold, which was giving me chills down my spine. A rotten odour was also present in the room, which was making me sick.

As I was walking aimlessly, I stumbled upon something and fell down on the floor with a thud. A pain shot through my right ankle, and I groaned in pain again. Sitting up with great difficulty I clutched my right ankle.

Damn this place! Where the hell am I!?

Getting frustrated I slapped both my palms on the floor. But as soon as I did, a splash resonated in the room. I again slapped my palm on the same place, slowly and cautiously, and this time I felt a liquid on the place.

Slowly bringing the liquid near my nose, I inhaled it and the coppery smell of it alerted my senses.

A bulb flickered above my head and my eyes widened in fear at the sight infront of me.

It was blood! My hands were covered in blood.

Shrieking I stood up in a flash, but the pain in my ankle didn't let me stand more than a second. Taking a step back, I again stumbled on something, which resulted in me falling on my bum.

Damn this place!

But as soon as I tried stand up again, my hands came in contact with something soft.

It was another hand. Gulping down hard I looked down very agaitatingly, only to gasp out.

"Lexi!" I cried out.

She was lying on her stomach, her face badly bruised. Her eyes, open and dead. They were staring back at me in fear.

A sob broke at the back of my throat and I covered my mouth with my palm, choking on it. Blood was coming out from her chest and it was clear, she had been shot.

Trying to keep my tears at bay, I gathered myself up somehow and closed her eyelids.

I have to get out of this place, and return to Chase. His aunt was dead and we both were in a unknown place. How did we even end up here!?

Raising my head, I tried to stand up, but as soon as I did, I saw a figure sitting on a chair. His face was not visible due to the lack of light in the room, but his hands and feet were tied. His clothes were covered in blood an he was hurt.

As soon as I took a step further to reach him, the bulb above me flickered again, and thats when I saw his face.

"Papa!"

Dashing towards the chair, I tried to reach him but my steps came to an halt when someone roughly grabbed my hair.

"Ahhh!" I screamed out in affliction, raising my hands to loosen the hold, but all in vain. The person clenched his hold, which caused me more pain. I tried to look back to see who was holding my hair, but as soon as I did I wished I didn't look back.