Chapter 36

CHASE

"He is what!?" I roared out, in agitation at Ares.

"Yes boss, he is missing. This was the last property he owned, and it has also been seized by the government. The cops are here guarding it," Ares replied me back, his voice tensed.

Shit! Fucking Shit!

This was not supposed to happen. I deleted every small details Robert had on Axel. Every minute data was erased from the face of earth. How on earth did Axel got exposed!?

This was a show of weakness on our parts. The smaller gangs won't take it lightly. I failed to keep a promise. I failed to keep my part of the deal, I made with Axel. It was my fault that the government had seized every property and business he owned. And now, he had vanished.

If not anything, his safety was in my hands. He was supposed to be under my guard. But now, he was missing.

Fuck! This was some really deep shit.

I was pacing the room, trying to figure out how Robert managed to expose Axel even being captivated by me. This was impossible, unless...

"Boss."

Keven was standing their with a laptop in his hands.

"Were they finally able to retrieve it?"

"Yes boss."

The cctv footage of the room Robert was in had been tampered by someone. It took my hackers more than a month to finally it.

I quickly snatched the laptop from his hand, and started going on through the list of days. Each and every day were named with the dates. After searching through each and every videos and finding nothing extraordinary, I finally found the one I was looking for.

1.5 month ago...

Yes, here it was.

The video opened with Robert sleeping on the bed. It was Midnight. I fast forwarded it. It was precisely during the noon that the actual scene unfolded in front of my eyes.

Damn! That bastard.

"Call Steven and tell him to meet me as soon as possible." I told Keven, in a low dangerous voice.

Steven was the guard who was on duty that day. It was his phone Robert used to text someone. Motherfucker...

And Steven tampered with the videos to hide his incompetence. He shouldn't have done that. Whatever happened he was supposed to come to me directly. I would have taken actions faster then and Axel wouldn't have gone missing.

But the bigger question here was, where did Axel go? I was supposed to protect him in which I failed. I was supposed to kill Robert, that was the deal. But I didn't. And it was only Sarah, that Robert was still alive till this day. I couldn't bring myself to hurt the father of the woman who was a huge part of my life now. The woman who possessed the powers to control me.

This was all my fault. Why did I have to get attached to her emotionally? Why did I have to act like a fuckjng little coward!? I should had killed him on the very first day I captured Sarah. That would had been so muh easier.