Chapter 5 ✔️

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

CHASE

Gently putting down her unconscious body on the couch in my office, I adjusted her in a comfortable position. Looking at her pale and vulnerable face made the angry beast in me a little calm, though I was still pissed off at her for the stunt she pulled.

Sighing in frustration I recalled the moment when Ares called me.

"Boss, the girl had run off to third floor." Ares was panting.

"WHAT!?" I growled out angrily.

How dare she went to the third floor. That floor was special for all of us, especially for me. It had been locked since the day my mom died. No one was allowed to go there, not even my so called father. My mom's room was on the third floor joined with my father's office. It was their little sanctuary, in this bloody and dirty world.

My veins popped up with rage as I marched out of the office room towards the elevator, that leads to the third floor.

She had the audacity to go to that floor. She would have to pay a heavy price for that. My jaw was hardly pressed against one another. It was a miracle that my teeth didn't break from the pressure I was applying.

As soon as the elevator door opened, I saw her running in my direction, with her head turn towards the back side. 

I caught her short, soft, fragile form in my arms, and carried her on my shoulders to my office.

I shouldn't have carried her like that. She already had a head injury. She passed out from the pressure and lack of oxygen in her brain.

I looked back at the door and saw Ares giving me a weird look.

"Call Diana and tell her to bring the first aid kit." I ordered him.

No sooner he heard Diana's name, his weird look change into a mischievous one and he left. 

I was leaning on my desk and was looking at the girl. She hardly seemed an adult. 

Well we had to take care of her father. I won't kill him now but I would have to make sure that he stays under our radar, so that I could keep my promise I made to Axel, about the information. 

I was deep in thought when I heard a very soft knock on the door. I looked at the direction and saw Diana, standing there with a first aid kit in her trembling hands, and  her eyes were down. Ares was standing behind her with a look in his eyes hard to decipher. 

It was a look of desire.

I told her to come inside and dismissed Ares. The poor soul was already afraid. I don't wanna deal with two half dead birds in my office room.

I rubbed my face with my hands and sighed deeply. 

She is gonna keep my hands full.

Opening my eyes I saw Diana was looking at Sarah with a horrified face. Noticing her bruised and bloody forehead with scraped wrists and ankles made her face pale. The dried blood was also not helping her.