Chapter 29 ✔️

SARAH

"Won't you join me?"

As soon as those words left my mouth, his face snapped towards me. The chocolatey orbs that I had always admired, darkened, giving a shade of burnt wood. His nostrils flared up and he curled his fist.

Prying his wrist off my hold gently, he turned his body towards me. He scooped me up from the bed, tucking me in his lap. Gently grabbing the side of my neck in his big hand, he dropped down a kiss on my head and murmered in a low but painful voice," I will ask Mellisa to help you, okay?"

His words blew off the flicker of hope within me. A pain arose in my chest, and I tried to rub it off with my fist. I should have known.

How can I be so stupid!? Why the hell would he want to take care of me? I'm just the carrier of his baby, nothing more nothing less.

Swallowing down a hard lump, that was forming in my throat, I nodded slightly.

"Okay."

'No, it wasn't!' I wanted to shout, but I didn't. I had been weak enough, I can't show him anymore weakness. I may behave like I was the strongest person out there, I could handle each and every challenge that life throw at me. But the truth was, I wasnt.

I was not strong. I was a captive of my past, the past I tried so hard to forget, but fate had other plans for me. Those haunting memories that were itched on my brain reinstate again, leaving me in nothing but agony and fear.

Chase gave me a chaste kiss on my shoulder blade, before he strode out of the room with a hard face.

Why did he look so angry!? Was I so abominable now, that even sharing the same room with me was sickening for him?

I released a shaky breath. My stomach churned and I felt a little sick. My hands felt numb, but I didn't let that affect me.

Cummon Sarah, time to gather up all your shit!

Mustering up enough courage, I licked my lips nervously. I stood up on my shaky legs. My knees felt weak for a minute, and I took the support of the nightstand.

'Cummon Sarah, you got this. Nobody was here for you, except your papa, and nobody would be here for you here, except him. You have to do this!' I encourage myself.

Trudging bare foot towards the washroom, I opened the door. The view was unfamiliar, this washroom had off-white tiles, mine had peach ones. It was way too bigger for one person. The bathtub was enough for 4 persons to fit . That's when I noticed that this wasn't my room. This room was too huge and magnificent for being mine.

I didn't turn back to look at the room. This defiantly belonged to the almighty King. Well, as soon as I would finish my business, I would leave the room.

Padding on my feet, the freezing hard tiles of the washroom made me shiver. I felt cold, and lifeless.

Standing in front of the mirror, I looked at myself. I had visibly lost weight. Though my bulgy food tummy had not disappeared but it looked malnourished. My hair was a mess, eyes drab and dull, and my skin pale. I resembled a ghost.

Keeping my palms, on the sink I looked down at my feet. I was deep in thought when a harsh sound resonated in the washroom. I snapped my eyes up to see an angry Chase. He stalked inside the washroom, his angry eyes cold and harsh fixed at me through the mirror. His jaw was clenched and his neck muscles were taunt.

As soon as he reached me, he grasped my nape and spinned me back crushing his lips on mine.

I gasped out and staggered backward, holding the cabinets for support. Air got knocked out of my lungs at the impact of his kiss. It was a bruising one, which held dominance. He ranked his fingers within my hair, slightly angling my mouth and deepened the kiss. My eyes closed involuntarily and I gripped his shirt, to keep my sanity at bay.