Chapter 38

CHASE

My forhead was throbbing painfully, as I strode into the mansion. It was due to lack of sleep and the torture that I was inflicting on myself, for the last 9 days. The news of Axel's disappearance spread like wildfire and smaller gangs from Albania and Luxemborg were causing too much trouble.

Those fuckers had the audacity to refuse me. As if they had a choice. If I stopped investing in their casino chains, they would suffer a huge loss. The Albania syndicate were very powerful and cunning, but I knew the exact strings that were needed to be pulled.

It was only after I threatened them to go on war, they concured with me to let things be as it was.

After sitting on a meeting with the Capos of Bulgaria and Moldova and their Consiglieres, things had seemed to settle down a little. They were the most loyal and supportive Underbosses of mine, and I knew they would suport my each and every decision.

Slumping down on my chair, I heaved out a tired breath and I pinched the bridge of my nose with the thumb and my middle finger.

"God damn it!" I screamed out in frustration and told the guard outside my door to call for a maid. I badly needed a black coffee.

Within a mintue, a knock sounded out in the room and I told Lily to prepare me a strong black coffee.

She nodded and was just about to walk out, when she turned towards me and asked with her eyes down, "Sir, shall I tell Sarah ma'am that you are back?"

My eyebrows furrowed in vexation. It had been 2 weeks we didn't have lunch together. I was barey getting enough time to spend with her due to the pressure I was facing, because of her father's deeds.

"Don't."

She bowed her head, and walked out of the room.

Clenching my jaw, I groaned out a huff. This was definitely not a good time to see Sarah. I would surely snap at her if she did anyhing annoying rather than finding it adorable. A tight knot was forming in my chest and I tried to breath it out.

My eyes fell on the liquor cabinet and I strode upto it for. Snatching a scotch bottle, I opened it's lid and gulped it down voraciously . The burning in my throat gave me something else too focus on, other than the images of Sarah in my head.

Within a few seconds, Lily walked in and handed me the coffee cup. While she was walking out I ordered her to call Ares.

"Sir, he is out." She funneled with her apron.

My eyebrows furrowed quizzically. "What do you mean, out?"

"He and Diana has gone out on a date."

The fuck! Ares had taken Diana on a date!? What was he thinking? My jaw clenched in annoyance at him. I needed to have a word with Ares. Diana was still not ready for another relationship after how Draven left her. Another made man wasn't good for her.

"Leave." I rasped and Lily hurriedly left the room.

I poured a generous amount of scotch in my coffee mug, and the smell thrilled me. Coffee with scotch was always a better duo.

I was peacefully having my drink when the door slammed open and a figure barged in. My eyes shot up and my anger surged through my brain as soon as I saw who it was.

Andrew was standing there, his hand crossed over his chest and his eyes boring into me sceptically.

I groaned out in irritation, and rubbed my face.