Chapter 2 ✔️

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

SARAH

Slicing a very tiny part of the cake, I baked a few hours ago, I put it in my mouth. The taste was divine. The icing was perfect and so was the decoration. Licking my fingers clean I again took a small glance at the cake. My hands were itching to make another tiny cut so that I could taste my cake one more time. But I resisted my inner food monster.

As I looked down, Max was giving me an accusing looked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hey, don't give me that look! I need to make sure that it tastes perfect when papa eats it." He continued to look at me as if I have committed the biggest crime ever.

I huffed. He always does that. I spend the whole day with him but I always felt like Max loved papa more than me.

I turned my face on the other side to ignore him. That would teach him some lessons. He whined when he saw I was not paying attention to him.

Scooting closer to my leg he let out a whimper. My heart was melting at a very fast rate at his cute love gestures, but I tried to maintain a strict face.

 My heart was melting at a very fast rate at his cute love gestures, but I tried to maintain a strict face

When he saw that I was still not looking at him, he started snuggling my leg. I sat in Indian style on the chair, so he couldn't reach my legs. At thi,s he let out a series of whimpers and finally when I looked at him, I saw the corner of his eyes a little wet.

I instantly sat down on the floor and took him in my arms. He is such a cute big thing. Yeah exactly big, like very big. My cuddly bear. As soon as I hugged him, he howled in happiness.

Drama Queen!

After snuggling him for a minute, I let him go. As I looked at the watch it was 11:09 pm. Papa was late today. I specifically told him to come earlier as it was his birthday today, but every year the same thing happens. He had always celebrated my birthday, but never paid attention to himself. Mostly it included me, him and Max and Miss Lexi, our neighbour.

"Sarah honey, here is the cinnamon powder you asked."

Miss Lexi strode into the room, patting Max's head and handing me over the cinnamon powder that I asked her a few minutes ago.

She was a lovely lady, and I knew papa really liked her, no matter how much he denied. I had seen them giving each other secret glances. Miss Lexi's husband cheated on her 9 years ago and since then she was living in our neighborhood.

"Thanks Lexi." I smiled at her.

She gave me one of her kind smiles, and sat down beside me. She was in her normal attire with no makeup and a messy bun.

"Why don't you go and get ready Lexi. Papa would be home soon."

As soon as I mentioned papa, she blushed and started fidgeting with her fingers.