Chapter 31

CHASE

Can life be anymore blissful? I really don't think so. Tranquility or serenity were foreign words in the life, I had been living since my birth.

Bloodshed, guns, drugs, war, trafficking, cartels, assassins, family; this had been my entire life. Consumed by the the weight of my position. The King of all Kings, capo di tutti capi. I don't play fair and nice, Brutality and ruthlessness run in my veins. My men can go to any length to fulfill my commands. The heartless and cruel King of Underworld.

But as my eyes raked over the the dainty figure by that was lying my by side, I couldn't help by sigh in contentment. With slight droll coming out of her half ajared mouth and her hair almost resembling a bird nest, she was looking fucking adorable. One of her feeble arm was wrapped around my torso and the other protectively around her bulging stomach. I pulled her more into my warmth.

She stirred slightly in her sleep and snuggled more into me, burying her face into my naked chest. Grazing my lips, I dropped a kiss on her forehead, on both of her eyes and the bridge of her nose. Not even a single sound came out of her mouth, which made me chuckle. She was a heavy sleeper, just like a cute panda. Well, it can't be helped really.

The morning sicknesses had been draining out all her energies. The beginning days had been horrible for her, which started a week later after she woke up.

We were having out leisure time at the cottage when suddenly the smell of egg sandwich made her nauseous. She ran to the washroom and kept vomiting her guts out.

"This is beautiful love, you certainly are improving?' I said, sitting down beside Sarah.

She had been practising a lot this week and now, she was doing great. She had learnt the basics in drawing, and now it was my turn to learn the basic in using colors.

"Isn't it?" She exclaimed out, chuckling in excitement.

I nodded and took her hand, interlacing her fingers and kissed her knuckles. A beautiful rosy blush crept on her neck and she bend her head down, trying to hide it from me.

"Well, who was there at the door?" Sarah asked, timidly.

"It was Diana. You were hungry, so I told her to prepare something for you."

Saying this, I hold the plate in front of her. But as soon as she saw it, her face scrunched up in disgust and she pushed me away. Running down the stairs, I bolted after her and soon as I saw the scene in front of me, which made my heart beat stop for a minute

She was wrenching her guts out in the toilet, and tears were running down her red cheeks.

"Love!"

I knelled down beside her and collected her hair in my fist. The last thing she would want now, was vomit in her hair.

After vomiting for almost 3 minutes, she collapsed down beside the toilet tiredly and I helped her up. Bringing her out of the toilet I washed her face and made her gargle.

"You okay?"

"What do you think? I am terrible," She snapped.

"Okay, let's get you out of here. You need some rest." Saying this, I scooped her up in my arms and brought her to our room, where she rested for the entire day, refusing to eat anything cause it was making her nauseous.

The whole week had been drastic for her. She felt sick every now and then and even the smell of food was making her gag. Whatever she eat, she puked it out within an hour.