Chapter 44

-: SARAH :-

Misty.

Cold.

Blurred.

It was all murky around me, when my eyes fluttered opened. I was lying in a forest. I slowly say up to avoid any kind of whiplash. The sun was hiding behind the clouds and the woods appeared different.

What the hell happened? Where was I?

My body felt too light. I stood up on trembling legs with the support of a nearby tree, and looked around me. It was all shabby and gloomy. Sunlight was hardly coming through the thick bushes of the trees. I squinted my eyes and looked around, but all I saw was dark thick forest. My hand flew to my swelled up stomach, and I rubbed it frantically.

I was walking aimlessly when a dark hooded figure appeared behind one of the trees. My steps faltered and I stalled, nervousness gripping my stomach.

"He...hello?" I called out in a wobbly tone, my throat drying out. He was standing there silently, hands in his pockets and head down.

Swallowing down a painful lump, I bit my lowe lip. My limbs were shaking in dread as I looked here and there. I was all alone, in the middle of a forest, with a dark strange figure. Gathering up a little courage, I rubbed my sweaty palms on my dress and walked towards the figure with trembling legs.

My steps faltered in front of him, and I called him out in a croaky tone, "Hello? Can you please tell where am I?"

He didn't answer, and my throat dried out. I looked on my left, and all my vision came in contact with was tress, big and bushy ones.

In a flash the hooded figure was in front of me and I gasped out, taking a step back. He was tall, my head not even reaching his shoulders, and big. My pulse accelerated as I craned my neck to look at him.

"Who are y...Ahh!" Before I could ask about his identity, his hand shot out and grabbed my throat, making me shriek out. I scratched his rough hands as they choked my wind pipe and my vision started blurring once again.

His grip was too hard, strong and brutal. My eyes watered as I choked and wheezed. It was getting too difficult for me to stand up on my legs, and my kness trembled.

I almost succumbed to the dark abyss, when the grip vanished and my eyes snapped open. I gasped out and tried to gulp in heavy breaths. The pull was so tight, that the choking felt too real.

Blinding darkness and a sharp sting on my shoulder were the only things I recognized, as soon as my eyes opened. My head was fuzzy and my vision swamped.

Where in the actual hell was I?

I tried to gulp down a dry lump, but was throat was dry as a desert. My right arm was bent in an odd angle, me hanging from it. As soon as I tried to pull it down a metal jingling echoed in the whole room, as my blood froze in my veins.

My head whirled upwards, but the tight grasp round my neck restrained me. My left hand flew to my throat, but the pain in my shoulder subdued my movements. I gasped out and tried  to take shallow breaths, so that the sting fades away .

After a few second, when the pain wasn't unbearable anymore, I rose my hand and it came in contact with a leather collar.

What the hell! There was a tight leash around my throat. I scratched at it, but it was too tight. My jaw clenched in fury and fear. My nails fretfully sraping my throat.