Chapter 15 ✔️

Vote and Comment : Spread Love ❤

SARAH

"Okey, done!" She chirped as I slowly peered open one of my eyes to look at my hand that was stretched on my right side. I slowly turned back my head to look at the place where she injected the needle few seconds ago, to find nothing but a tiny prick of blood.

"Wow! You did that so fast! I didn't even feel anything?" I asked her, totally surprised, as I looked at my hand and my mind wandered how exactly skillful are her hands.

"You can say that better than me, isn't it?" Her white teeth was full on display as she grinned widely.

I chuckled as I looked back at my hand. Hoe did she pull out my blood without even  the slightest pain.

Shaking my heads with a constant smile on my face, I looked back at her. She was storing the blood for future use.

I jumped down from my seat to go back. I know. Miss Lexi was out there and I needed to talk to her. How did everyone know her here?

"Oh, I haven't introduce myself, I'm Melissa," she said and I swiftly looked back at her. She worked here as a nurse and was a real sweetheart.

With her sweet smile and friendly nature I wondered, what was she doing here.

"Glad to meet you. I'm Sarah."

She smiled once again and returned back to her work, arranging the blood samples.

"I will see you later Melissa" I said. She just nodded with her constant smile on her face and I walked back into the room where Miss Lexi was waiting for me, with her fingers massaging her forehead and her elbow resting on the table. Her face was scrunched.

She looked tensed.

"Lexi?" I called and she looked back at me raising her head. The moment her orbs collided with mine, she stood up from her chair and ran into me, engulfing me into her embrace.

I hugged her back, savoring the moment. She had been my closest friend after papa and her motherly aura had always comforted me. Her body scent was just so tender, warm and protective that I couldn't help myself but snuggle into her arms.

After hugging each other for what felt like eternity she pulled back. Tenderly cupping my cheeks with both of her hands she kissed my nose and forehead.

Her glassy eyes meet my brown ones and my nose stinked. My tear ducts spilled.

Wiping my tears with the pad of her thumb, she shook her head negatively. Taking her hands into mine I pulled her on the chair and asked, "How are you Lexi? I missed you so much
Do you have any idea? And how is papa? Is he taking care of himself?" I asked holding her hands tightly.

"Sarah, my child, I'm fine dear. And about Robert..." she paused a little and I looked at her with anticipation. Nervous shivers ran through my body as I waited for her to tell about my papa.

"And papa?"

"I don't know." she sighed and looked down.

"Wh-what do you mean you don't know?" I stammered, my tone edgy and uneasy.

"Only Chase knows where he is. He has captured Robert." she replied me back and the little hope I had about papa shattered.