Touya Todoroki × Reader: Beauty In Ashes

Okay so this is actually my redone version of my first Dabi fanfic titled: Second Chances. This part is around my usual length...but part two is a biitttttt longer.

Note: I know what canonically happened to Touya, I changed it a bit to fit he plot line of this story (duh) and also I came up with the concept of there being a hill by their house before I even fucking read about it so I am a psychic apparently too...go me!

I hope you guys enjoy!

---

Your small hands quietly opened the window as you crawled out, taking the little backpack out with you. Your shoes squeaked a bit in the light drizzle of rain, but you were used to it at this point.

Not many people on this side of town questioned why there was a six year old wandering around at night, but you made sure to avoid them anyway.

"Ten." You whispered to yourself, sneaking away from another foster home you had been in for only a week.

This was how it had been your whole life. You never knew your parents or anything about them, so you were thrown into orphanages and foster homes more times than you could count.

This time you hoped they wouldn't catch you, they wouldn't find you.

You were tired of seeming like a replacement child, like someone they took just to feel better about themselves. You wanted a home, a family, perhaps that's why when you ran into a white haired female in the store, it seemed to be fate.

You had snuck in, taking a few crackers and putting them in your bag to steal. They never payed attention anyway so what did it matter?

"Excuse me? Is your mother around here somewhere? A family member?"

Your head turned to the kind voice, your eyes meeting gray ones that were shrouded in worry. You shook your head, getting ready to run and leave until she crouched down beside you.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, seeing that you were standing in the aisle right in front of the Oreos. You nodded, seeing her glance around a bit.

"Let's take you up tot the front and see if we can find someone-"

"No!" You shouted, her eyes widening in shock as you glared up at her. "No police men!" She gave you a sad look, able to tell that something was wrong by just the way you looked.

"Did you run away?"

You slowly nodded.

"Do you do this often?"

You nodded again.

She furrowed her brows a bit, not sure what to do with a child who clearly has a fear of the police and has no guardians around. "I run away from fake parents." You suddenly said, crossing your arms.

"Fake parents? Are you adopted?"

"Foster." You corrected with a grumpy tone to your voice. "They don't want me. They just like to brag."

She raised a brow, "Brag? They take you in just to brag about having you?" You nodded once more, "First house they have me and ten other kids! Second house they only talk to me when I'm hungry! Third house they only take me places to talk about them!"

Her expression softened. No wonder you didn't want the police, they would just throw you back in another home.

"If the police find me I will be stuck in an orphanage!" Your eyes started to water. You didn't want to be back in one of those places again. Footsteps came around the corner and the lady's demeanor quickly changed.