Shoto Todoroki × Reader: Safe Haven

I loved writing this story. It took me a while because I really have to be in a certian mood to write lemons so I had to wait until I felt ready.

The song that inspired this is called 'Lovely' By Fly By Midnight.

*LEMON*

"Can I get a cup of green tea please?" Shoto asked giving the cashier a few dollars as he punched in the numbers. "Of course. That will be right out." With a nod of his head, Shoto went to sit by his classmates who were all chatting away.

It was spring break and they all decided to walk around town and came across this cute little café and decided to go in. So now here he was, sitting in a chair silently waiting for his drink while his friends all talked and joked with one another. "Here is your tea sir." The server said putting the drink infront of him.

"Thank you." He said taking a sip and earning strange glances from his peers. "What?" He asked, not understanding what the problem was. "Are you not gonna eat lunch? That was the point of coming here." Ochaco questioned and tilted her head watching as the male shook his head. "I'm not hungry right now." He simply said, the rest of the class agreeing reluctantly as they continued to talk.

"Shit these are heavy!" You said balancing boxes on your arms and pressing your back against the door to the small café you worked at. "Guys! I brought stuff for lunch break!" You cheered entering the room, your staff members groaning in hunger and thanking you extensively. "I brought hot meals for you guys since you have lunch right now and cold meals for us since we don't have it till later." You said with a smile, passing the two large boxes off to the separate groups of co-workers and failing to notice the hetochromatic eyes that stared at you.

The first group sat and ate their lunch, you running into the back and getting changed into your work uniform. You came back out and ducked under the register to refill the roll of receipt paper. Shoto kept his eyes trained on you as he stood up and began to walk over to the register. "Hey Todoroki, where are you goin?" Denki joked with a rasied brow. "Getting something to eat." He replied simply.

"What happened to not being hungry?" Denki questioned, a smirk growing on his lips as Shoto ignored him and went to the register. You felt a customer appear at the desk as you struggled to grab the paper, "One moment! I'll be right with you...Aha!" You said in victory standing up and switching the paper out, again not noticing the boys eyes as they stared at you in astonishment.

"Okay, how can I help y-..." You froze, looking up at the all-too familiar face that you hadn't seen in two years. You shook off your nerves and continued as normal, taking him by suprise. "How can I help you?" You smiled, making his heart thump in his chest. "(Y/n). Can I please talk to you...alone?" He asked quietly, you shifted uncomfortably trying not to offend him. You weren't by any means mad or uncomfortable around him, just that fact that when you left it wasn't the best circumstances.

"Hey (Y/n) I can take the register for a sec if you wanna...uhm...go, for a bit." Your co-worker offered, patting your shoulder and lightly nudging you to go talk with him. You thanked her briefly and looked up at Shoto, "Outside?" You questioned getting a small nod in return. His classmates eyes bore into your skin as you walked out, making you rub your arms and duck your head. Shoto, noticing your discomfort, glanced at them and shook his head. They all turned away and let you two be as you went and got a table.

"So...it's been awhile." You started, a small breeze smacking hair in your face causing you to flinch. "It has. I missed you- uh...sorry." Shoto quietly said, watching as a small blush rose to your cheeks. "It's okay..." You breathed out, the silence becoming even more tense the longer you sat.

"So how are y-" You both started at the same time, a light chuckle falling from both of your lips. "Sorry. You first." He gestured, watching as you tucked hair behind your ear. "So...how are you?" You asked as you sent him a small smile. Sucking in a breath, he replied, "Better than expected....you know- things have changed since I last saw you." He assured, seeing your smile fade and turn into a flat line.