Mirio Togata × Reader: True Strength

Did my own art again because I wasn't vibin' with the art I saw of him...

*LEMON*

"How am I supposed to tell her?" Mirio slouched in his hospital bed and rubbed his eyes tiredly. In the past 24 hours he had lost his quirk, lost his mentor, and now he was about to lose you as well.

"About your quirk?" Tamaki muttered beside him as he sat curled in the chair. Mirio looked to his friend desperately.

You were in the big four, but your team was focused on keeping the civilians safe, which meant that you were nowhere near where the fight with Overhaul happened.

From what Mirio knew, you were still filling out paperwork considering you had yet to come and visit him. He desperately wanted to see you, hold you, but at the same time he didn't know how he was supposed to face you.

"What will she think of me? We have known her since 6th grade and for my quirk to just vanish after all the sacrifices she gave so I could get it to this point...." He was running his fingers through his hair, shaking like a mad man. Tamaki rested a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"T-this is (Y/n) we are talking about Mirio...she would love you no matter what."

Mirio shook his head, burying it in his palms. The night sky was visible through the window, stars shining brightly as Tamaki sighed, speaking once again:

"Do you remember w-when we first got to UA and you....uhm...smacked your face into a wall?" Letting his hands drop, Mirio nodded. "She was the only one cheering me on in a sea full of laughter."

Letting out a half-defeated chuckle, he laid back on the bed. "Thanks Tamaki." A soft knock was heard on the door, diverting both of their attentions to a nurse that walked in. "Sorry to interrupt, I am just here to check and make sure everything is okay."

She walked over, checking a few things here and there, giving Mirio a flirtatious gaze as she worked. Her attempts were shaken as the door practically slammed open and you ran inside. "Mirio!"

Mirio instantly sat up, holding you in his arms as you sat on the side of the bed, "Oh thank All Might you're okay..." You touched the bandages that lined his back, watching as Tamaki nodded, standing up and leaving.

You pulled away, glaring at the nurse, feeling her cold stare on you as interrupted her trying to 'shoot her shot'. Scoffing, she turned to leave with a roll of her eyes.

"What was her problem?" He asked sending the woman a glance before she closed the door. "She was checking you out! Probably jealous that the goods were already taken." You teased walking two fingers up his chest and tapping his nose.

With a laugh Mirio pulled you closer to him, kissing you softly before pulling you down with him as he laid on the bed. You hovered over top of him, his hand running down your arm making you seethe.

"Ow!" You pulled back and looked at your arm, Mirio instantly apologized and just now noticed the small wounds that littered your skin. "What happened?"

You shook your head, dismissing him with a wave. "Nothing, just a small group of villians came outta nowhere, but we gott'em! You look more banged up, I should be asking you." Mirio quickly sucked in a breath, looking around at anything else but you.

"Waitttt a second. What's wrong? You only avoid my eyes when something happens." You took in a gentle breath as tears started to fill his eyes. Touching his face with a gentle hand, you kissed his forehead.

"Hey...I'm here. Tell me what happened."  He played with the fingers on your small hand, huffing for breath as he tried to speak. "S-sir Nighteye is dead..."