Dabi × Hero!Reader: Second Chances

In this oneshot you and Dabi were childhood friends until your views became different, leading you to be a hero and him to be a villian. You are both in your early 20's. Your quirk is called Vanish. It can make you dissapear from selected peoples vision and immune to their attacks, but you get lightheaded.

I stood on the roof of the skyscraper peering down at the city below. The snow from earlier still covered the ground lightly, and the people below looked like ants in the pale moonlight as they rushed around.

The city had been under attack by the leauge of villians, and I had been restless. Not sleeping for days seemed to be the norm for me now. Not only due to the fact that the villians have been bending heros backwards in attempts to slay them all, but in the fact that one such villian used to be my friend.

Flashback (ages:(Y/n)=13, Dabi=14)

"8....9.....10! Ready or not here I come!" I heard Dabi shout as I ran behind a tree.

"(Y/n) where are you??" Dabi said.

I giggled quietly to myself peeking around the corner of the tree to see a seeking Dabi.

He made eye contact and I gasped activating my quirk and climbing up the tree.

I looked down with my quirk still being used at a confused Dabi.

"(Y/n) that's cheating! You can't use your quirk!!!" He yelled looking around.

I deactivated my quirk and started laughing while sitting on a branch.

Dabi sent me a glare as he made his way up the tree. He climbed up to my branch and sat facing me, legs hanging off as he watched my laughter subside.

"It's not fair." He mummbled looking off into the sunset. "You have this great quirk while all the kids tell me to just be a villian becasue I'm too destructive." He lit a blue fire with his fingers and quickly extinguished it.

I looked at him with empathy and touched his fingers, scooting closer to him on the branch.

He looked at me as a light blush rose on his face.

I lightly smiled. "Dabi, you can be what you want. Screw anyone who says you're a villian. You will always be a hero to me!"

Dabi's turquoise eyes widened at me for a second and slowly his lips curved into a smile.

"I promise I will always be your hero then." He said intertwining our fingers.

I turned red as quickly pecked him on his lips. I swiftly looked away trying to calm myself from the rush of boldness that overtook me.

He brought his hand to my cheek and turned my face and touched our lips together lightly.

I fluttered my eyes shut as he slid his hand through my hair.

We pulled apart and both smiled at the other.

Dabi jumped down and perfectly landed on his feet. "You coming sissy?" He said in a joking tone.

I rolled my eyes and started to climb down.

I jumped when I was about halfway down. Dabi laughed as I stumbled to balance myself.

I smacked him in the shoulder.

Dabi and I dated for three years.

We walked home hand in hand everyday, and all seemed right....