Tamaki Amijiki × Reader: True Happiness

I. Love. Him. So. Much. My dumbass wrote this in a day pretty much because I was so excited to write for him again.

"I BROUGHT DONUTS AND TAKOYAKI!" You cheered, kicking open the door to your training institute. Fatgum gave you a large smile and patted his belly. "(Y/n) you didn't have too!" He chuckled as you sat the food down.

"Psh, it's no problem. Plus, I'm assuming you both haven't eaten?" You said opening the box of donuts and taking one for yourself.

"Glazed?" You softly asked Tamaki who was sitting in silence beside you. He gave you a small nod as you grabbed his donut, putting it on his plate along with some takoyaki. "Here." You put it in front of him and gave him a napkin as he quietly ate, listening to you and Fatgum chatter on about how productively you would be using the day, thoughts roaming his mind all the while.

You didn't KNOW today was going to be okay. How could you even begin to plan the day with the fact that you didn't know what would happen?

"Tamaki?" Fatgum questioned, snapping his fingers. The shy boy looked away in shame. "S-sorry I wasn't listening..." You rubbed his back and swallowed the last bite of your donut. "Hey, it's okay! You didn't miss anything."

He shuddered at the touch of your hand, not because he hated it, but because it was relaxing...almost too relaxing. Whenever he was around you it felt like that. You weren't in the Big Three, but you were definitely strong and he admired you for that.

"So Tamaki and I are taking the south side of downtown today?" His ears perked up as his back straightened noticing you had pulled your hand away as it now rested on your hip.

"Mhm, is that okay with you Tamaki?" Fatgum questioned.

"There might be villians..."

"Tamaki, we will have each other!" You gave him a reassuring smile as he stood up and shook his head, walking to throw his trash away. "We could still die."

"We could always die! If we spend out live's worrying about that we won't be able to do anything. Tamaki, I trust you with my life!" You held a determined stare on the boy before he leaned against a wall and his face went dark.

"Too much pressure..." he mumbled.

You sighed, face falling with it. "I'll uhm...I'll just take the south side by myself."

"(Y/n) wai-" before Fatgum could protest, you slammed the door shut, leaving the two boys in silence. Tamaki turned his head to look at where you had just been, and then looking at Fatgum who stood up and threw the trash away.

"That was a compliment my boy." Fatgum directed to Tamaki who began to turn around. "She trusts you with her life. Not a lot of people do that these days."

Sighing Tamaki swallowed. "Where are her rounds?" He asked watching as Fatgum nonchalantly pointed to an area on the large map. "Thats where she would start."

"Thanks..." Tamaki said, throwing on his hood and heading out the door.

He walked along the still dark streets, considering it was 5:45am and the sun didn't begin to rise for another fifteen minutes. It was quiet as he walked, listening for any unusual sounds while also looking for you.

Tamaki's thoughts slowly drifted to his crippling anxiety and bottled up depression. The constant state of sadness and fear he felt was undoubtedly horrendous, it crushed him every day, no matter where he went.

Many labelled him as just 'shy' making it even harder for him to find people that he felt genuinely cared. Everything sounded fake, forced almost, as if no one was paying attention and were just hearing...not listening.