Shoto Todoroki × Reader: Promise

I'm doing this to pass the time while votes came in. So what I have decided to do is close them in about 2-3 days. I saw people requesting a Denki story so I will be writing a chapter for electro boy, then I will close the votes (I am literally tallying on a sticky note).

I also haven't written for Shoto and forever and my last fluff for him was actually the VERY FIRST chapter of the story. So I wanted to do him justice.

"The students who passed will now be showed on the screen in alphabetical order." The man said raising a hand to the large board that was filled with names.

"A lot of people passed." You said standing beside Shoto who had his signature neutral expression lining his face as he scanned the names.

"Oh! I'm on there! I passed!" You shouted as students began to see their names on the board cheering with happiness. You noticed your boyfriends pale expression as he stared at the names.

You followed his eyes, right after Fumikage's name there was another student.

Shoto didn't pass the exam.

"Shoto..." you said placing a hand on his shoulder, his eyes connecting with yours. "THE HIERARCHY IS FALLING!" Mineta shouted pointing at him.

"Neither Bakugou or Todoroki passed, our top two from the sports fesitv-" Iida picked Mineta up and held his mouth shut. "Bakugou didn't pass either?" You glanced around, eyes landing on the infuriated Bakugou.

"BULLSHIT!" He screamed in Kirishima's ear. "He seems to be taking it well." You whispered to Shoto, earning a light laugh out of him.

"Todoroki-kun!" Midoryia said approaching him. "You didn't pass..." he said softly, almost apologeticly as he lowered his gaze to the floor. Shoto breathed a puff of air out of his nose before he looked at you.

"I'm happy for you (Y/n). You did amazing." He gave you a quick kiss on the cheek, blood rushing to your face. Your head leaned against his chest as you hid your flustered expression.

"I told you to warn me before you do stuff like that, you never do PDA so it always catches me off guard!" He gave you a soft smile, and stroked your hair.

"Todoroki Shoto!" A voice boomed from your right. You both looked over to see Yoarashi, the man who seemed to have it out for Todoroki...and also could make some cool tornados.

After silence lingering between them for a moment, Yoarashi slammed his head into the ground with a odd frown still plastered on his face.

"Im sorry! It's my fault you didn't pass the licensing exam, my focus was too narrow minded. Forgive me!" Shoto was taken aback for a moment before he seemed to relax and zone off to himself.

You eyed him curiously as he came back to reality. "It's alright. Actually, you helped me figure some things out. So thank you." He said calmly taking your hand.

"Students. Your exam scores will now be passed out. The base score was 50 and your paper will show you what you need to improve on." Multiple men began to pass out papers to all of the students one by one.

"Ms. (L/n)." They adressed you handing you your paper. You let go of Shoto's hand to accept the paper and gave a small 'thank you' in reply. You heard your classmates read out their scores as you scanned your paper.

"What did you get?" Shoto said slightly leaning over your shoulder. "A 90?!" You said suprised by your own above average score. "(Y/n)! What did you get?" Momo cheered running up to you.

"90. You?" You said, her smile growing wide. "I got a 94! You did so well!" She cheered giving you a hug, her eyes looking at the boy behind you. "Todoroki-san..."